New Gear Purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My two cents: I have a SP set-up I used before I moved to HOG regs and I like them (not as much as my HOGs though). Maybe someone here can correct me, but I believe Apeks is made in England and might be easy to find service for in Europe. Not to mention Apeks is a fine regulator. As for your BC choice, I think you will be happy with the Knighthawk. The others who have mentioned a BP/W setup are correct. They have a lot more versatility, nearly unlimited for sizing, easy for travel, and in my experience, more comfortable. I lasted about 1 year with a jacket style BC before I moved to an OMS BP/W and I will never go back. Also worth note is the fact that if something goes wrong with your rig, it is modular so you can just replace that part not the whole BC. I personally think SP gear is over priced and there is better options out there for the money. Like I said, just my opinion. I love my HOG because it was inexpensive, easy to work on, and breathes like a dream. Either way good luck and I hope you enjoy diving Europe. (Iam very jealous).

+1 for Apeks Regulators and they are outstanding for Cold and Warm water diving. I am using the XTX20/DS4 (yoke) on my Pony, XTX50/DST (yoke) on my singles rig, TEK3 (DIN) /xTX50's for my doubles, and XTX50/DS4 (DIN) for my AL40 stage bottle.

Thanks for the continued advice. I bought a slightly used Knighthawk (<10 dives) for $250. Decided not to get the Air2 after messing with some other rigs. Still shopping around for the right reg setup.

Computer: Uwatec Tec2G
Regs: Apeks DS-4 with XTX-50(2nd stage) and XTX-40(2nd stage). XTX-20(2nd stage) and UST(1 stage) are NOT suitable for cold water.
Compass: Analogue wrist mount.
SMB: Buddy
Fins: OMS Slipstream

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom