New Ferry Ticket Prices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree the prices are getting too high - but the route from Isla to Cancun is 1/2 the distance than PDC to CZM - so naturally the prices are different

I fully understand the distance is greater than 2x. But the fare is 4.5X those in Isla Mujeres. I've always been mystified by business practices in Mexico. You will almost always make more with lower pricing and volume( ie Walmart) than you will be high pricing and pissed off customers. It's boderline criminal that a few power brokers are able to control something like this.

Sorry for ranting, but as a business owner I feel for all the folks trying to do business in Cozumel.

Keep the faith

Rich

Ultramar has raised prices as well: 161 each way per adult & 96 per child.
Note the extra peso...

On our recent holiday trip we learned the tickets between the two lines are not
interchangeable. Is it just me, or is there one huge police presence on the mainland?
I don't recall seeing so many law enforcement personnel, which isn't a bad thing.
It's been a few years since I hit the mainland.:idk:

Attachments

• DSCF0678.jpg
    DSCF0678.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCF0715.jpg
    DSCF0715.jpg
    418.6 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF0717.jpg
    DSCF0717.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 32
On our recent holiday trip we learned the tickets between the two lines are not
interchangeable. Is it just me, or is there one huge police presence on the mainland?
I don't recall seeing so many law enforcement personnel, which isn't a bad thing.

They are not interchangeable because they are two totally different companies - Burger King vs. McDonalds

This is why I always tell people NOT to buy RT tickets - not only are there no benefits in doing so - but you may end up stuck waiting for your ferries next crossing - or worse, if they've already run their last crossing, then you have to buy a new ticket from the other one!

Yeah, someone said recently here somewhere that they were not allowed to buy a one-way ticket, but that must have been a mistake... :idk:
Is it just me, or is there one huge police presence on the mainland?
:confused: Not sure what you mean? I've seen a few road stations around the peninsula, but not so many really - and very few others patrols - except for one night I spent in Cancun's Market District once where they had soldiers at every hotel door.

Back
Top Bottom