New ferry - Marina del Rey to Avalon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did go over to Fisherman's Village and called today to verify. Parking at Fisherman's Village is $6 per day. They don't currently offer anything like the commuter book, but they are considering it. It might not work for me as I am hooked into the commuter book thing, but for someone who goes over to Avalon less frequently from the Westside, this might not be a bad of a deal...if it stays in business.

Whoa.... $60 bucks for a slow boat......Think I'll stick with SP. That extra $10 pays for two air fills and a Snickers at the van :)

Indeed, few things beat a cold snickers and frosty apple juice for between-dive refreshment. This is the ONE thing I love about CDS and that van / beige box.

K

versus 30 minutes on the freeway. Hmmm...if you boys went to school here, well, what can I say?

Seriously, with the book, it doesn't make sense. Without the book... it is competitive, particularly if you are looking to leave during rush hour.

Norcal, take the Green Line with all your dive gear/tank, transfer to the Blue Line somewhere in Watts, and tell me what you think. :wink:

Norcal, take the Green Line with all your dive gear/tank, transfer to the Blue Line somewhere in Watts, and tell me what you think.

:D lol - hey. i've done that route fro Redondo to downtown..... I'd fit right in with scuba gear!

versus 30 minutes on the freeway. Hmmm...if you boys went to school here, well, what can I say?

What??? I lernt gud in skul :)

from my house in torrance, it's 20 minutes north and no snickers, or 20 minutes south and snickers :wink:

Mo2vation once bubbled...
What kind of problems are you (or anyone else) having?
What the prob?

Well, two friends and I went down on Friday, to try and get on the 12:00 to Two Harbors. Standby, always a risk.

Now, they mention this about 49 times if you have a reservation, 'If you are not signed in 15 minutes prior to departure, you forfit your reservation.' Even says so on the website.

OK, so the 3 of us are on standby, no trouble. We wait, and they say, OK, you can board. We get on, take a seat. We're happy.

Then the crew pulled us off the boat, because someone with a reservation showed up at 12:02. (Again, this boat was scheduled to depart at 12:00.) They told us we would have to come back and pick up our luggage later.

I informed the deck guy that he WOULD be crawling his happy a$$ down into the hold, and retrieving our luggage right then and there, or he would go for a swim. (The harbor water can be nasty.) We got our bags, anyway. A small victory.

Yeah, I gotta problem with Cat Express!:upset:

Hate to say it but the extra $10 savings will no longer get you two air fills AND a Snickers... just the two air fills since the price is up to $5/fill now. Maybe you'll have to reconsider the Marina del Rey boat now!

Given the amount of diving I do, I'm sure glad I get 2-3 decent dives out of my HP120 tank (not to mention not having to spend the money for the boat fare and parking)!

Dr. Bill

kelpmermaid once bubbled...

Norcal, take the Green Line with all your dive gear/tank, transfer to the Blue Line somewhere in Watts, and tell me what you think. :wink:

well, if I wore only 1 fin, my mask on backwards and my snokel upside down and talked to myself loudly in the 3rd person refering to myself as Cap'n....I'd fit right in.

Norcal, a friend of mine in college who grew up in Manhattan taught me this survival tip for use on the DC metro. My one trip on the Blue Line is the only time I have ever really considered doing it.

drbill once bubbled...
...Given the amount of diving I do, I'm sure glad I get 2-3 decent dives out of my HP120 tank (not to mention not having to spend the money for the boat fare and parking)!

Dr. Bill

With as much diving as you do, and in a 3mm suit no less AND getting 2-3 dives on a 120, I am beginning to think you are part phish!

in the Argonaut, for anyone interested, is incorrect - it should have been 310 305-7250. The correction appeared in the 8/14/03 Argonaut.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom