New DPV - Dive Xtras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another option I’m considering is to build the 5S2p using the m50s and existing shells but limit the draw to max 20.. as we won’t be using higher gears in most of the diving.. until I sort out an adapter for custom sized packs

Have a question about the vinyl wrap on the tube. I brought my wrap over the ends of the tube and down the 8th inch or so of sloped inside surface, and then cut it off there. As you can see, there are little crimped up parts that stand up on the part where the O-ring will touch. I suppose I could trim them, but then I’d have a little groove there. Any ideas on what to do about this? I think it might have allowed a wee bit of water intrusion.

Attachments

• 599FAA05-CB68-4B5A-88C0-A1445B3AD1D6.jpeg
    599FAA05-CB68-4B5A-88C0-A1445B3AD1D6.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 123
Have a question about the vinyl wrap on the tube. I brought my wrap over the ends of the tube and down the 8th inch or so of sloped inside surface, and then cut it off there. As you can see, there are little crimped up parts that stand up on the part where the O-ring will touch. I suppose I could trim them, but then I’d have a little groove there. Any ideas on what to do about this? I think it might have allowed a wee bit of water intrusion.
I didn't extend the wrap over the edges. Mine stops a couple of mm before the edge. I don't think it's a good idea to have it wrap around to the inside. But IDK, that was my first time wrapping anything. I will admit mine doesn't look perfect if you look up close, but no one really does, and it's going to get dinged up over time anyway. Do you have any of the wrap material left? Can you either redo it without wrapping over the edges, or can you trim the edges flush?

We all want to look good, but if the wrap interferes with the O-rings that is no bueno.

Personally I would trim that and keep that area clear.

im planning to use knifeless tape around the edge to get it just to the edge, but not over over..yes, usually when wrapping you should go over the edge but for this as mentioned, it will interfere with sealing

I trimmed it at the edge. I have hundreds of hours on the scooter since then and there are dings and scuffs but the edge has not lifted or been a problem in any way.

hi will a 17.5 inch long tech tube fit in the box
I used a Nanuk 960 w/ pick and pluck foam - exterior 25.5" x 20" x 14.5" = 60" within the limit for regular checked baggage.
It's 40lbs packed and ready to fly.

Heading to Bonaire for a week of shore diving
First time travelling with a DPV, this should be fun :D

View attachment 566283
will a 17.5 inch blacktip tech tube fit in the case please?on the website the interaldimensions are qoted as smaller than 20 inches

hi will a 17.5 inch long tech tube fit in the box

will a 17.5 inch blacktip tech tube fit in the case please?on the website the interaldimensions are qoted as smaller than 20 inches

From NANUK 960

• Interior (L x W x H): 22 × 17 × 12.9”
  • Exterior (L x W x H): 25.4 × 20 × 14.5”
  • Waterproof (IPX7), dustproof (IP6X) & MIL-SPEC certified
  • Lifetime warranty & 30-day satisfaction warranty
  • Airline check-in: Yes
  • Airline cabin carry-on: No

_R

From NANUK 960

• Interior (L x W x H): 22 × 17 × 12.9”
  • Exterior (L x W x H): 25.4 × 20 × 14.5”
  • Waterproof (IPX7), dustproof (IP6X) & MIL-SPEC certified
  • Lifetime warranty & 30-day satisfaction warranty
  • Airline check-in: Yes
  • Airline cabin carry-on: No

_R
thanks ralf so it should fit down the long side

Does everyone align the batteries at the 9 o'clock position or does it work better slightly off that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom