New DPV - Dive Xtras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Posts on Facebook Dive Xtras Xscooter Group are pointing at 100m. Initial posts said 600 ft, but that’s been backed down to 330ft now.

Jim

More secondhand info from the same FB thread:

”what I heard from the engineer today was a 100m/330’ rating, but tested to 600’ where it will collapse, but not rupture, and then return to its original shape when it’s taken back up. So a non catastrophic failure.”

Tell me about the shaft seal? Because I recently killed a scooter rated for deep when the shaft seal couldn't handle the pressure. I can't see anything on their page about the construction. I do see the battery technology is at least 2 decades old.

Edit* my bad. It's using current screw gun batteries now, lol

I ordered one yesterday. Pretty much exactly what I've been looking for at a price point lower than other entry level scooters are used. I think they're going to be able to sell a ton of these.

@Superlyte27 I'd take power tool batteries over the SS battery packs any day of the week... I would rather have seen them use the 36/40v batteries, but the BMS systems in the power tool batteries are rated more than high enough for a scooter and I would argue have had a lot more engineering go into them than the batteries used in most DPV's due to their legal beagles and contractor abuse, etc.

How about some actual specifications?

hopefully @DA Aquamaster will come back after DEMA, but it's basically a Piranha P1 that only takes 2x of the batteries instead of 4x, BUT it can take the 12ah batteries where the P1 can't, so it's about the same run time as a P1, just not upgradeable.

hopefully @DA Aquamaster will come back after DEMA, but it's basically a Piranha P1 that only takes 2x of the batteries instead of 4x, BUT it can take the 12ah batteries where the P1 can't, so it's about the same run time as a P1, just not upgradeable.

I thought the P1 could take 9aH battery packs? So, wouldn't that be 4 x 9aH vs 2 x 12 aH?

I am definitely looking forward to hearing the specs. Thrust, speed, run time. At $1500, this could very well turn out to be my first scooter.

I went Meg Tooth diving on Sun and Mon. I came back with 8 teeth. Everybody else on the boat was using those little Apollo AV2 jobs to blow off the bottom and they all came back with a small bucket full, each. I'd say at least a gallon bucket - full of Meg teeth. With the prices those teeth sell for, a $1500 scooter could actually pay for itself in just a couple of days of Meg tooth diving...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom