New Dive Quarry in Illinois....Coming This Season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have another set of quarries I am working on too :D So don't think that I get let down easy.....Now they said there still shouldnt be problems diving there, they just have to get some things figured out....but I have always been looking for others too :wink: and have my eyes set on some that are crystal clear

So, we got a big kick in the butt today. After all of our hardwork on this, the Forest Preserve is opening this up to anyone in the area to come up with a plan to win the contract. They have sent out an email to interested parties that will come up with a plan for having a program for 3 days this year, and more next year. LOL.....please spread your legs and prepare for kick...thats how I feel....BUT its OK, I have an even better location in the works :D 40-60ft viz about 100ft deep, better access, not as much redtape or hassles, and they WANT to do this program.

Forest Preserve of Will County, didnt want to do diving....I did all their research came up with ideas and strategies, got maps, dove it a few times, and now they open it up for others to win the contract....THANKS GUYS! Now I will have some better and make sure their program isnt as successful :D Not by anything underhanded...but a better product which is what we do .

So stay tuned...the ball is rolling ALOT faster on my current project and really is ALOT better option!

Good luck with this, I'd love to have another dive site within a 90 minute drive of my house.

If you ever need volunters for a clean-up or something else just let me know, I'll be there with bell on (well fins really but you get the drift)....

"Be careful of the ruling authorities, for they befriend a man only for their own interests; they appear as friends when it is to their own advantage, but they do not stand by a man when he is in distress." Mishna Avot, 2, 3.

We are diving the new one, in Lemont, tomorrow , 6/2 at 9am. Crystal clear! We are checking depths. We will have an "open house" soon depending on the depths we come across :wink:

At the open house, we will invite "X" people and ask for input on the quarry :wink: Soon.....One falls thru and I find another :D

You should post this on the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew forum as well. I missed most of this discussion! A lot of local divers check that forum out and would be very interested on your progress on the new quarry idea.

Booster should hopefully be in this week :D

As for that new quarry.....only 14ft deep....would be awesome if it was a little deeper as there are some really neat caverns to swim thru and around. There are a couple more in the same area, so nothing is lost, this one was the clearest so we started there

Back
Top Bottom