New DGX regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If he don’t want to fool with publishing and printing, why doesn’t he just release a kindle edition?

Somebody will end up scanning them and dropping a torrent anyway if he doesn’t, he might as well get the money for it.

For that price they could hand deliver in the US and turn a good profit.
For that price they could have Stephen Fry (Harry Potter audio books reader) hand deliver it and read it to me.

Here is the documentation from DGX to service the XTRA regs....does not tell you much about torques, lube points, etc. Very disappointing DGX does not support its product with a nominal level of documentation to be able to service. Referencing a general service book from a defunct publishing company does not cut it.

Attachments

• DGX 1ST STAGE.jpg
    DGX 1ST STAGE.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 169
  • DGX 2nd stage.jpg
    DGX 2nd stage.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 155
Me to DGX:
Do you have detailed instructions for servicing your regulator?? The reference you mention (Vance Harlow's "Scuba Regulator Maintenance and Repair") is not available any longer as AirSpeed Press does not respond.

I would expect DGX to have their own service manual for the regulator. The schematics you sent do not adequately address servicing (and much of it is in Chinese - not much use for me).

DGX Response: We don't at this time. With the recent "hibernation" of airspeed press, we are in the process of contracting our own service manual. But do not have an ETA.

So in essence there is no way to really service this reg set reliably.

From the diagrams in post #44 I don't see why one could not just follow a MK25 service manual. (It does look like the yoke filter is pictured upside down though.)

I'm happy to see I was very wrong earlier in this thread. I predicted the price for a set for doubles at $1000. They're only $699!

Also, on revisiting the product description page, I noticed that it mentions the first stage as having "Spring insulating coating, body insulating bushing, anti-freeze cap, bigger body and cap thread". That sounds very similar to what ScubaPro calls XTIS, that differentiates their Mk 25 EVO from the regular Mk 25, and is supposed to make the Mk 25 EVO better for cold water. When I took the ScubaPro reg tech class, they said that the Mk 25 EVO is just as good as the Mk 17 (sealed diaphragm) for cold water.

That seems to bode well for this DGX XTRA setup for cold water.

Links to DGX Gears XTRA service manuals including IPB and Torque values...

Thank you!

Just got my DGX XTRA Streamlined setup.
Initial impressions:

22" hose is short. I mean its understandable, 75% of people are happy with it, but I think the future maybe having the ability to offer a longer hose might have been nice? I have a 5 foot on order since we're in the 'rona times (I'm a secondary donator) so I'll keep it as an emergency spare.
1st stage turret is nice. Even came with the removed plugs.
OOW, pressuring up, breaths very smoothly (my experience has been with mid range Mares and Aqualung and its smoother).
Fit and finish is nice. Doesn't feel cheap at all, purge valves are smooth and light to the touch.
SPG hose is a little short I but i like it on my left chest D ring anyhow so not really of concern to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom