New DGX regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The LP seat in the rebuild kit looks exactly like the ones in the Scubapro balanced stages. There is a lot familiar in them and that’s good from my perspective.

I breathed one an hour ago on my 80cu/ft stage bottle, I just got out of the lake.

I use them for my bang-around stage and safety bottle regs paired with MK-2s. Let’s me de-tune them till I need them and breathes a good bit better than the R-190s they replaced.

Interesting that DGX is now in the regulator market, other than selling other companies stuff.

There pricing is a bit high, especially for being a "house brand", even more so if they are a "re-badged" house brand.

There is no discussion on their website about servicing other than the service interval. No discussion about service kit availability either....though it should be a year or two before any purchasers need one. I imagine most shops on the planet will not be familiar with the brand and refuse to service the regs, requiring the purchaser to sent to DGX. That is doable but not so convenient.

-Z

While DGX now has service kits on the website, no details about torques, lube points, etc. The response I received from DGX is "There is nothing unique about the DGX regulators in terms of service requirements and no special tools are required. Any competent service tech will have no issues with service of the DGX models and if you are not an experienced service tech then Vance Harlow's "Scuba Regulator Maintenance and Repair" manual is very complete beginners guide."

I live overseas and I don't know a reg tech that would touch a regulator set without some level of documentation beyond an exploded view drawing. If they support the "right to repair" how about really supporting not only with parts but documentation.

Can you even buy Scuba Regulator Maintenance and Repair anymore? Airspeed press is dead and for months the only place I've seen it for sale is used online for hundreds of bucks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom