New Dacor Extreme 1st and Pacer XLE 2nd..in need of a service kit for both!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RicMares

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have just turned 59 and my son is 14 and taking his OW course now. I have not been diving in about 8 years. I have a Mares MR 22 Abyss being serviced as we speak.

But I just love the old Dacor retro regs. That is what I learned on and therefore I have nostalgia for my new pick-ups of a Dacor Extreme 1st and Pacer XLE 2nd.
They both look to be brand new, never used.....so I just have to put in a couple of dives with them, before they become my favorite paperweights.

I know it's a long shot....but does anyone have a service kit for a Dacor Extreme 1st stage? or an old owner's manual with blow-up on all the parts?

For those who have never held one, it is big, heavy, and beautiful with an incredible chrome finish. But one glaring thing I have noticed is that it has five ports on it, and none of them are labeled. See pics. They look to be built with purpose and longevity in mind.

So I am thinking what is the worse thing that could happen....right?

Thanks for any insights or thoughts. Cheers Ric

Dacor Extreme 1st stage and Pacer XLE 2nd. 1.jpg
Dacor Extreme 1st stage and Pacer XLE 2nd. 2.jpg
Dacor Extreme 1st stage and Pacer XLE 2nd. 3.jpg

I use that second stage for my pony bottle rig. The thing is very robust, the exhaust tee is much better quality rubber than the old scuba pro second stages and to be honest, you probably need to do nothing to the second stage other than to check it out and to replace the rubber seat and maybe the mouth piece. The seat is somewhat of a generic item and installation is pretty easy. I think I still prefer the old scuba pro second stages with an adjustment knob, but the pacer works fine.

As for the first stage, I don't know,

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. Truly appreciated. It warms my heart to that that some Dacor gear is still in use somewhere in the scuba world.

I have used Dacor regulators since the 1970s, and still enjoy them. The Pacer second stage is a great breathing regulator, with two large exhalation valves and a unique anti-free-flow device that makes other regulators look primitive. Essentially, Dacor designed into the Pacer second stage a sepaarate entry point for water even with a free-flow. This regulator will only free flow about 3 seconds before it stops.

Now, so far as a service kit, they were made, and I may have one, but I will probably keep it. I really like these regulators, and use them with my Dacor Nautilus CVS (Constant Volume System).
IMG_2749 by John Ratliff, on Flickr
Here I have outfitted a fellow with the Nautilus CVS and a Dacor Pacer regulator. He loved it, but because he was not certified, and I have no insurance, we have not dived since this dive in 2018.

I may have other information on my other computer, so stay tuned. By the way, you have the push button depressor (PBD), and you should use it on the regulator when not in use. It will save your second stage seat from getting a depression on the soft seat.

SeaRat

Hey John, very cool avatar pic and cool diving pic, looks like you boys dive in some cold water in OR. Down here on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi we are spoiled, and you would not catch me in water cold!

Thanks for leaving the PDB button device on the reg when not in use. Also, do you know who I could send my Dacor stuff to for a Thorough going over?

Hey, If you could email me any info on Pacer XLE reg, 960 extreme and or 960 1st stage with a large swivel I guess for the 2nd stage. I would greatly appreciate it. Rkr8675309@gmail.com Thanks much.

Cheers Ric

E-mail sent with a Dacor Regulator Repair Manual enclosed.

By the way, I think I have that regulator in my collection. I'll take a look.

John

Here are some pics of the other Dacor 960 1st stage. This thing is built like and tank and it looks to little to no use. It also weighs about 4-5 lbs!
Dacor 960 1st stage 1.jpg
Dacor 960 1st stage 2.jpg
Dacor 960 1st stage 3.jpg

John
Hey John, first thank you so much for replying and sending Dacor info as to my post. I checked my email, and I don't see an email from you. I checked my promotional and social inboxes and I don't see your email.

Let me know if it is showing up in your send file box, and I will do some troubleshooting on my end to investigate why it's not showing up.

Thank you again for sending the info. Cheers, Ric

Hey John, first thank you so much for replying and sending Dacor info as to my post. I checked my email, and I don't see an email from you. I checked my promotional and social inboxes and I don't see your email.

Let me know if it is showing up in your send file box, and I will do some troubleshooting on my end to investigate why it's not showing up.

Thank you again for sending the info. Cheers, Ric

John
Hey, John disregard my last msg to you. I found your email, it was in my spam box. Duh!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom