New Captain Member! and the awesome boat I work on

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sterlingMarineService

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi guys, I didnt know what would be on this forum but I thought it would be fun to be part of it.

the little boat I work is pretty ridiculous! It is wooden, built in '55 as a log bronc with a 100 HP gas engine, today after working many well known companies is has a high block detroit 6-71 with really fancy injectors so it has 250 HP, and 1 foot of freeboard in the bow! this bot has towed vessels as large as 300 feet all by its self! it can reach an astounding 8.5 knts (its 25 feet long) when it does go this fast the entire aft working deck is under about 2 feet of water! Below is a link of pictures when it worked for the last comapny! still the same boat but with different people on it.

Picasa Web Albums - sterlinghe92 - big claw era ...

If any of you know any thing about seattle, we have one of the largest tugboat races in the wold I think. This boat has attended and been underwater (literally, not just some spray). we carry a very large belt driven fire pump for times like these. the festival webpage has photos of 60 foot boats with their bows under of the water and their props out, so you can imagine this little boat

Last edited:
Skillful seems like a fine little boat. Do you intend to race her this year at the tugboat races? I usually attend. - oldsalt

YES!! The owners bought her last year and had to do alot of work to get her in working shape and it wasn't ready for the races, but this I am working very hard to get it to work... Right now the engine is in our shop and I am needle fining and sandblasting everything as well as rebuilding the gear...

Will you be on a boat?!

YES!! The owners bought her last year and had to do alot of work to get her in working shape and it wasn't ready for the races, but this I am working very hard to get it to work... Right now the engine is in our shop and I am needle fining and sandblasting everything as well as rebuilding the gear...

Will you be on a boat?!
I will most likely be there on my sailboat - Windwalker. At any rate, I will be looking for you on Skilfull. Look for a white-haired guy. - oldsalt

I will most likely be there on my sailboat - Windwalker. At any rate, I will be looking for you on Skilfull. Look for a white-haired guy. - oldsalt

cool!! where do you moor your boat? I also have a boat at Elliot Bay marina.

If skillful isn't their i will be on a boat named Maris Pearl! its a big huge tug, name is right on the wheel house in big letters

I moor in Everett at the port marina, in front of Lombardi's Restaurant on Q-dock north. I am always looking for someone to go sailing or diving with me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom