Trip Report Sea of Cortez on Rocio del Mar, September 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love the Rocio! I have done a few Sea of Cortez trips and have experienced cold upwellings on all of them so I am kind of surprised they weren't expected. One time the water was 68 (Andrea's Eagle) and I actually called the dive early because I was freezing. I think it is the cold upwellings that bring all the big cetaceans and sharks to the Sea of Cortez!

Perhaps I missed it, but how far (in either miles or hours) does the Rocio sail out of Rocky Point prior to the first dives?

Loved the review and photos! My wife and I are diving the Rocio, September 16-28, from Puerto Penasco to San Jose del Cabo. It was great having a same time frame trip report . We were confused on how much wet suit we were going to need, (thus decreasing clothing weight), and your post helped us to figure a 3mm would be fine for us. I can take a couple of cold dives for 50 minutes, lol. Thanks Trailboss 123!

Loved the review and photos! My wife and I are diving the Rocio, September 16-28, from Puerto Penasco to San Jose del Cabo. It was great having a same time frame trip report . We were confused on how much wet suit we were going to need, (thus decreasing clothing weight), and your post helped us to figure a 3mm would be fine for us. I can take a couple of cold dives for 50 minutes, lol. Thanks Trailboss 123!
Glad you are doing the North to South itinerary. I would like to do that some day myself.

Back
Top Bottom