New Body Glove Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seansrs36

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone here purchased the new Body Glove drysuit? I was reading a review of it in Sport Diver and for the dollar it appears like a great suit. Anyone have any thoughts on this drysuit?

Thanks

Can't say anything about their drysuit, but my experience with Body Glove's wetsuits over the last several years would dissuade me from purchasing their drysuits. I find their quality control has slipped over the last couple of decades as they have gone after the mass market. They seem to have given up the well-deserved position they once held as an excellent wetsuit maker to their competitors. I first noticed the decline in the early 1990s when I had to send back a suit several times because the seams became undone. While that may be ancient history, I find that they have done little to reverse the trend. And yes, I have looked at some of their more recent wetsuits. I just do not find them to be of the same quality as the Xcel or Oneill suits. Its too bad, my first wetsuit was a body glove and for a long time I would not wear anything but a body glove. Just wish they had kept with their original business model.

Does anyone have any updates for this thread? I am considering purchasing a 2008 Body Glove drysuit for diving in < 400F water.

Back
Top Bottom