(New Aluminum Tank 3000PSI) - Did I Get Ripped Off???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is what I just paid also. It came with 10 air fills, so in the sheme of things I guess it was more like 100$. 150 seems to me the ballpark figure for those tanks though.

Those neutrally buoyant cylinders are rated to 3300 psi and somewhat smaller. I like them, personally. They are well wortht the extra cost because you don't have to add extra weight for the end of the dive.

An added bonus is it is easier to weight new/student divers.

Most LDS make much lower than 33% on Alum. tanks. Allot sell so low because it's hard to scuba dive without a tank. It's a customer service to provide them. Ask any shop owner and they will be happy to explain that tanks for most of them has been a " lost Leader" for years. Very few shops have the purchasing power to get major savings and dont forget, the more they buy the heavier it is to ship.

Scuba Adventurer

You mentioned the neutrally bouyant tanks, and something about new divers. Do you recommend them for new divers, or do you think they should learn on the regular weighted ones?

I try to order things from my LDS rather than online if the prices are close, and let them know this when I am buying. When I asked about the price for a PST HP100, they said they couldn't come close and would have no problems with me buying the tank online, since there was hardly any markup at all on tanks. If tanks weren't such a necessary item, they would even sell them. My little brother briefly worked for a dive shop and bought a lot of gear before they went out of business, and the only thing that wasn't really discounted were the tanks.

The dive shop I work at sells them for $129 we do not make much on them ......I dont like the on line deal unless HUGH saving is there.....I like to be able to go face to face with the person if I have a problem:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom