New 7mm Wetsuit So Hard To Get On

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just order a drysuit, Seaskin doesn’t cost much more than a good wetsuit, get the ultra with no options (maybe a pee valve) and dive.

The good thing about Scuba.com at least is they let you try it on and pay for shipping both ways if you need to exchange it

If another exchange is still an option - look into Mares M-Flex https://www.scuba.com/p-mrsfm72xl/mares-7mm-m-flex-mens-full-wetsuit-xx-large or even better Pinnacle Cruiser https://www.scuba.com/p-pinc77m2xl/pinnacle-7mm-cruiser-mens-full-wetsuit-xx-large

Both Mares and Pinnacle have pretty decent sizing charts you can "pre-fit" wetsuit before you actually buy it.

You'll have a substantial problem finding a 7mm wetsuit at your LDS'. Not too many stores are willing to keep a wide inventory of a decent quality 7mm stuff. Neosport is not a brand I would personally consider.

Nah mate you buy two of those suits one larger than the other, 3mm + 3mm = 7mm

I guess here’s where I quit responding to this thread. It went from helpful hints to people being rude.

Easy to get on, better ease of movement, really cheep, and you don't have to suffer the one you bought

Nah mate you buy two of those suits one larger than the other, 3mm + 3mm = 7mm

Oh ignore the troll. He means well but writes mostly confusing gobbledygook.

Easy to get on, better ease of movement, really cheep, and he doesn't have to suffer the one he bought

You should pull out your book of troll definitions mate

but it's ok I had to look it up too

Another idea I think a former California beach diver told me about he called "slime".

Get a fairly inexpensive bottle of hair conditioner (totally biodegradable) and mix it in a squirt bottle with some water but still kind of thick.

Squirt some down each leg and arm and voila', any suit slides on easily!

Your skin will also feel soft after any dive :) Depending on your swim suit (Under Armor compression shorts are popular in my crowd) it makes suiting up so much easier.

Good luck!

DH

OP, please don't take comments as criticism, as most are trying to help with providing their experiences. I had the same issue with a higher quality suit. The Lycra body suit along with a set of Lycra water socks made all the difference. Will not attempt donning without these, just too much work. I have injuries that prevent using a neck seal, so I am stuck with wetsuits and the 7mm is the toughest to get on. Use the Lycra suit and socks dry with a dry or wet wetsuit and you will not have the difficulty.

OP, please don't take comments as criticism, as most are trying to help with providing their experiences. I had the same issue with a higher quality suit. The Lycra body suit along with a set of Lycra water socks made all the difference. Will not attempt donning without these, just too much work. I have injuries that prevent using a neck seal, so I am stuck with wetsuits and the 7mm is the toughest to get on. Use the Lycra suit and socks dry with a dry or wet wetsuit and you will not have the difficulty.
I bought a skin from Scuba.com and it arrived today. It made all the difference in the world. It slides right on over the top of the skin. I still have a little trouble zipping it up because of my shoulders not being too flexible and it’s hard to reach the zipper pull but I can get the suit on fairly easy now.

Back
Top Bottom