New 7mm Wetsuit So Hard To Get On

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't believe the NeoSport is an open cell wetsuit (the type that requires lube). I think it's simply too small. If you can exchange it, I would.
It fits great once I have it on. It’s not too small. It’s just getting my arms and legs in that’s a pain. Once those are in it goes over my shoulders perfectly and zips up with no problem.

I don't believe the NeoSport is an open cell wetsuit (the type that requires lube). I think it's simply too small. If you can exchange it, I would.

is right i try 3 XL neosport farmer john and vest impossible to fit in ! I am 6.2 227 pound

It isn’t the size of it. It sticks to my skin trying to get it on. With the lube it slides on fairly easy. I just don’t remember having to do that with any of my previous suits. As a former bodybuilder I have to wear a 3X to get the shoulders and chest to fit but if the arms and legs didn’t stick to my skin they would go on with no problem. I’m 6’,1” and weigh 220. It’s the sticking that’s causing the problem.

I've not read the rest of the thread yet so I don't know if these have been suggested:

Knee high neoprene socks make a huge difference - like these. They were originally developed to help surfers get in/out of their wetsuits.
Wetsox

Long sleeve rash guard on top also helps a lot.

I've not read the rest of the thread yet so I don't know if these have been suggested:

Knee high neoprene socks make a huge difference - like these. They were originally developed to help surfers get in/out of their wetsuits.
Wetsox

Long sleeve rash guard on top also helps a lot.
That’s a good suggestion thanks. I put them in my cart for a future purchase.

I always soak anew 7 mill suit in hair conditioner in water for a couple of days, seems to make it more pliable, may take a couple of soaks and when finished a dive repeat, also use other methods described as well

I purchased one of the bodysuit skins that @RIHappyDiver suggested. I want to try it first to see if it’s easier to get on with it. If not I have some specialty lube coming from Mako Spearguns that’s supposed to work really well and comes in a spray bottle. I know the suit fits because with the lube it went right on and zipped up fine. It also felt very comfortable and not restrictive at all. Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom