New 7mm Wetsuit So Hard To Get On

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a squirt bottle filled with water and hair conditioner to lube up my freediving suit.
It’s raw neoprene inside so it sticks like hell if not lubed. Once it’s lubed up I slide in way easier than trying to wrestle on a nylon lined suit. I have a number of regular nylon lined suits too. I only use 7mm suits where I dive.

Perhaps it's too small on you.
No if fit great once I got it on. It’s brand new. Tonight’s the first time I’ve tried it on. I think it’ll be fine with the lube I purchased.

I used to dive every weekend for years and always used a 5mm wetsuit. Took a few years off and decided it was time to get back to it. This time around I bought a 7mm wetsuit. It is incredibly hard to put on. I had to use lubrication all over me to get it on. Water based lube of course. I never had an issue with a 5mm suit. It would slide right on, no lube. Why is the 7mm so much harder to get on?

i ve been diving with a bares velocity 7mm for the last two years. So easy to put on. Few tricks...

before putting it make sure it s really wet like dampt.

put plastic bag around your feet and fist this will glad like a charm.

start by rolling it from the ankles and make your way up.

At the waist make sure you get the leg and upper leg snug and fit.

Put a skin suit it will help also you should not need to lub yourself 😂

What brand did you bought ?

i ve been diving with a bares velocity 7mm for the last two years. So easy to put on. Few tricks...

before putting it make sure it s really wet like dampt.

put plastic bag around your feet and fist this will glad like a charm.

start by rolling it from the ankles and make your way up.

At the waist make sure you get the leg and upper leg snug and fit.

Put a skin suit it will help also you should not need to lub yourself 😂

What brand did you bought ?
It’s A NeoSport. Not the most expensive suit but it seems well made for the price. I bought it as part of a package deal at Scuba.com.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom