New 7mm Wetsuit So Hard To Get On

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@SouthCarolinaDiver Unfortunately you got what you paid for. Neosport is Henderson’s bottom of the barrel offering. If you look at their Aqualock or Greenprene offerings, (even Thermaxx), they have soft linings on the inside making it real easy to don and doff. Yours does not and you’re having to resort to squeezing uncomfortably into the suit. I assure you that you’d not have the same problem with their better quality suits. You also have inferior seams and zippers with that suit. If it were me I’d have spent more a bit more and gotten a better quality wetsuit.

@SouthCarolinaDiver Unfortunately you got what you paid for. Neosport is Henderson’s bottom of the barrel offering. If you look at their Aqualock or Greenprene offerings, (even Thermaxx), they have soft linings on the inside making it real easy to don and doff. Yours does not and you’re having to resort to squeezing uncomfortably into the suit. I assure you that you’d not have the same problem with their better quality suits. You also have inferior seams and zippers with that suit. If it were me I’d have spent more a bit more and gotten a better quality wetsuit.
It was all I could get at the time as I was buying all new gear and spent a lot of money. I got what I needed to get back into diving as I took some time off. I definitely plan on upgrading some of my gear including the wetsuit. I spent most of my money on a good regulator, mask, and fins which are all vey high quality. I got an entry level wetsuit just to get back into the water. I had to stay within my credit limit at Scuba.com. I will be going to my local scuba shop that I dive with and getting fitted for a higher quality suit soon but this one will work until then.

It was all I could get at the time as I was buying all new gear and spent a lot of money. I got what I needed to get back into diving as I took some time off. I definitely plan on upgrading some of my gear including the wetsuit. I spent most of my money on a good regulator, mask, BCD and fins which are all vey high quality. I got an entry level wetsuit just to get back into the water. I had to stay within my credit limit at Scuba.com. I will be going to my local scuba shop that I dive with and getting fitted for a higher quality suit soon but this one will work until then.
I would say it's better to put money toward a quality wetsuit so you're comfortable on every single dive and save money on middle of the road reg and BC (good quality, for sure, but few divers need a top of the line reg and with expensive BCs you're generally paying for unnecessary features). But you live and learn....

Meanwhile, you can try getting a lycra skin to wear under the suit it will make it slide on more easily (kinda like the pantyhose suggestion above).

Here is the wetsuit in question. It seems to be a well designed and manufactured product.

7mm wetsuit
Wetsuit comfort depends on a many things ... including the quality and stretchiness of the neoprene, the type of lining and most of all the cut/design. If the suit doesn't fit your body shape, it will never be a very comfortable suit. You have to try a wetsuit on to determine the fit.

$200 is about as cheap as you can get for a full wetsuit. You generally get what you pay for.

Good news is that unlike hard gear, suits need to be replaced every few years -- next time, you can buy a better one.

This is why I never buy wetsuits online.

This is why I never buy wetsuits online.
Yeah I didn’t want to either but I had credit at Scuba.com so that’s where I had to buy for now. Like I said in my previous post I plan on going to my local scuba shop and get fitted for a nicer one. The good thing about Scuba.com at least is they let you try it on and pay for shipping both ways if you need to exchange it. Which I did. I went by their size guide but as weight lifter and former natural bodybuilder my chest and shoulders are quite wide so I had to return it for the 3X that I ended up with.

Back
Top Bottom