NELD 2009 Lovells Island Trip - July 18 & 19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

although according to Matt, there's a wreck out there somewhere.

Very likely buried under the sand and broken up over the last 250 years, but yeah... Le Magnifique is one of many ships that have wrecked on Lovell's Island. I have several pages of research (old charts, engineering corps. dredging plans, news clippings, magnetometer scans, etc.) that indicate a couple of areas significantly more likely to have wrecks than others... if anyone is interested. You never know... the sands out there keep shifting.

I chartered Boston Harbor Diving Company for saturday, with pick-up at Lovell's Island. I believe there are still spots available.

Almost everyone seems to have bailed on the trip this year, and with the forecast calling for rain I think I may just catch the charter boat in East Boston, and sleep at home. Maybe next time. :(

I don't know if anyone camped, but it was a great day to dive, and I once again found the summer water temps high enough to make two dives in a microprene suit. Plenty of lobsters and scallops out there, as well as a number of good sized flounder and even a seal sighting off Graves' Ledge.

Very nice. I dove off Grave's Light a few weeks ago and got some good lobsters. Didnt see any seals though. Also saw a wolffish and sea raven.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom