Nekkid on my 100th post!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately the "tradition" of 100th dive is not followed very often. I think Freefloat did a bikini version on her 100th.

I guess one of the tricks is to plan it so that the 100th occurs in a warm water location. Monterey or PNW or Great Lakes could be a bit shocking, both visually and physically. Cozumel wouldn't be bad. The Barracudas in Key Largo would give me some concern; they look hungry!

Be sure to share you 100th experience with us in writing, but use discretion on the visuals. Let the tradition survive!

Wristshot

Mislav, you Europeans are always getting naked.

catherine96821:
Mislav, you Europeans are always getting naked.
LOL!

Thanks for all your replies, but... no personal stories posted? Is it really only a myth or are we divers such shy individuals?

You shouldat least trim before you take a shot like that LOL .

I tried it, but my crotch strap tore me a new one!

the K

chunk- to throw.

Why don't all y'all go on down to the beach and chunk some rocks?

I lived in Mobile, AL for many years and my job moved me to Dallas. The folks back in Mobile told me that Texas isn't in the South, and the Texans informed me proudly that Texas is Texas, They are not part of the south, southwest, or south east they stand on their own.

As to diving nekkid on the 100th. Maybe in my swimming pool but definitely not in the Gulf Coast waters. :)

The Kraken:
I tried it, but my crotch strap tore me a new one!

the K

LOL! I was setting up my Dive-Rite yesterday, and "moving things out of the way" so that the crotch-strap would go to the left side of everything. My instructor chuckled and said, "Now you know why I prefer the 'Sunkist Splash' backwards entry! The giant stride will give you a whole new voice range!"

I'm.... scared.

mislav:
As tradition dictates - I'm going nekkid on this one. :D

Seriously, how many of you really dived naked on your 100th dive? Is it just a myth or do divers really go for it?
"Tradition"? "Myth"? I never even heard of it until today.

Here in New England it would be a complete non-starter, even in summer. Some day I might dive naked just so I could say I had done it -- but only some place warm.

Now, joining the "minus 100 feet club" -- that would be something else! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom