Need your thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I just downloaded the form from my DMV for a personalized plate. these are the options I've narrowed it down to. What do you think:confused: ?
1. SOLO DVR
2. IDV SOLO
3. DV SOLO
4. I SOLO

Number one is my first choice:D . The OW instructors at the lake should love these:11: !

JimLap:
I just downloaded the form from my DMV for a personalized plate. these are the options I've narrowed it down to. What do you think:confused: ?
1. SOLO DVR
2. IDV SOLO
3. DV SOLO
4. I SOLO

Number one is my first choice:D . The OW instructors at the lake should love these:11: !

Is "SOLODIVR" not available?

My state allows only 7 characters even though there is space for 8. They will allow a space or hyphen that does not count as a letter(uses 8 spaces) but not 8 letters or numbers.

JimLap:
My state allows only 7 characters even though there is space for 8. They will allow a space or hyphen that does not count as a letter(uses 8 spaces) but not 8 letters or numbers.

That's too bad about the limit. Then I agree with your first choice.

I like your first the best. Good Luck, and let us know!

SOLO DVR is the best of the 4 and I understand and would pick up on that.
I think most folks will assume you are a

SOLO Digital Video Recorder. and might wonder what you are watching :huh:

Of course we all know.... :D Dive training videos :wink:

SOLOH2O ~ H2OSOLO ~ ( don't make much sence either)

ISOLODV ~ ( sounds Yugoslavian)

DIVEONE ~ ONEDIVE ~ 1DIVER ~ 1DIVE1

STAGEBTL ~ " PONYBOY " :D

SOLONE ~ Hmmmm....... I sorta like that one.

Good thread .... gets me to thinkin'

It might be obvious also with the bumper stickers on the back that say among other things, " dive now, work later", "divers do it deeper", "gone down lately?", that all have dive flags on em as well as my DAN sticker.

jimlap,
i was under the impression that dm's were not to advertise that they dove solo.
it has been posted that it might give students the wrong idea.
regards,

Number 1.

BTW, I'm an OW instructor and IDV SOLO2. There might be more out there.

smokey, there's not rule that instructors and DMs can't advertise they dive solo. As for the students, I talk to them about the risks involved in solo diving and what they should do before considering it. The unknown is more attractive than the known sometimes, especially if it is forbidden.

Back
Top Bottom