Question Need second opinion of new watch strap for drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swimmingpooldivein

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Should work fine. For future reference, you can also just add a second NATO/Zulu do you first one to extend it. Weave the bottom of the main strap through the buckle of the second one (and back through the top d-rings if you want it to be extra secure). Voila! You now have an extra long strap. This has the added benefit of being adjustable for wetsuit diving, since you can just remove the second strap.

Should not the band(s) be elastic, to compensate for compression at depth?

Should work fine. For future reference, you can also just add a second NATO/Zulu do you first one to extend it. Weave the bottom of the main strap through the buckle of the second one (and back through the top d-rings if you want it to be extra secure). Voila! You now have an extra long strap. This has the added benefit of being adjustable for wetsuit diving, since you can just remove the second strap.
Ahh, interesting! Before I posted my question on ScubaBoard, I asked my local dive shop. He said that daisy chaining is possible for silicone straps but not for zulu straps. If you're saying it's possible, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Ahh, interesting! Before I posted my question on ScubaBoard, I asked my local dive shop. He said that daisy chaining is possible for silicone straps but not for zulu straps. If you're saying it's possible, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!
Yup, definitely possible. I used to do it when I had my Teric on a Zulu.

Back
Top Bottom