New Teric band - stretchy NATO band

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since this thread has come back to life, I'll add this. I went back to using the stretchy bands that I originally posted about. I used them for 10 days straight (up to yesterday) during a cave class.

They look rough. The holes where the tongue on the buckle goes through the other end are frayed. But, the straps worked just fine. I used one Teric on each wrist during the OC part of the class and only one Teric, on my right wrist, during the CCR part of the class. I'm glad I had screen protectors on the Terics, but they look like sh!t now. But, the straps held the Terics in place more reliably than the non-stretchy NATO straps had been doing.

Regard them as expendable wear items and I think the stretchy pajama straps are worth considering.

Since this thread has come back to life, I'll add this. I went back to using the stretchy bands that I originally posted about. I used them for 10 days straight (up to yesterday) during a cave class.

They look rough. The holes where the tongue on the buckle goes through the other end are frayed. But, the straps worked just fine. I used one Teric on each wrist during the OC part of the class and only one Teric, on my right wrist, during the CCR part of the class. I'm glad I had screen protectors on the Terics, but they look like sh!t now. But, the straps held the Terics in place more reliably than the non-stretchy NATO straps had been doing.

Regard them as expendable wear items and I think the stretchy pajama straps are worth considering.
Stu, do you have to remove them to charge the watch?

Stu, do you have to remove them to charge the watch?

I'm not sure. It takes 2 seconds, so I do remove them. Haven't tried with the stretchy ones on.

With the NATO straps, where there are 2 layers of strap material under the back of the Teric, I DO have to remove them.

With the NATO straps, where there are 2 layers of strap material under the back of the Teric, I DO have to remove them.
I found I could just bow the strap out, so it went behind the charger, and fit the Teric into the charger.

I found I could just bow the strap out, so it went behind the charger, and fit the Teric into the charger.
I use the Peregrine chargers on my Terics so it should be even easier. I’ll give it a try.

I use a stretchy nato band (Zulu) and it takes about 3 seconds to slide the bottom strap out of the nato buckle and then out of the bottom pin. Then you just slap it on the stock charger.

HCerptm.jpg

This is also what I do with the stretchy type. I wouldn't be much different with the non-stretchy type.

@stuartv are you talking about the bezel protectors you can buy for the Teric or the screen protectors?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom