Need PADI Instructor to do Check Out Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GaryBDavis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I don't know enough about the PADI certification process to know if this is feasible or not, but I'll ask. My daughter is taking SCUBA for a college PE class. I know they are using PADI materials, but they won't get an open water certification card unless they attend an extracurricular check-out dive. The only problem is it's done during Thanksgiving break (Thanksgiving Day none-the-less) and that won't work with our schedule. Do any of you know if it's feasible/allowed for my daughter to do the check-out dives with a different instructor and get her open water certification? I'd like to do it at Aquarena Springs during the holiday season. I know Aquarena is closed down right now for remodeling, but I thought I saw where instructors were still using the training area. I've been through their diving for science certification program.

Thanks,
Gary

That is 100% allowable and it's what a lot of people do. You (or her in this case) can do the academic part of it wherever and with whomever you choose. Then go do the checkout dives wherever and with whomever you choose. Heck, you could do day 1 of checkout dives with instructor A then day 2 of checkout dives with instructor B (realistically I wouldn't suggest that, but just being transparent with you :))

But short answer, yes, she can definitely finish her PE class then do the checkout dives @ a time that is convenient for your family

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PADI Rescue/DM 09100Z7445
Dr Dive/Wet Dream/Sea Cobra/Y-Knot

Diving is my passion...I live to dive!

Ensure you have a copy of her student record/folder, that will be proof that she has completed portions of the course previously.

^^ ah yes, thank you for supplementing with much needed info that I forgot :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PADI Rescue/DM 09100Z7445
Dr Dive/Wet Dream/Sea Cobra/Y-Knot

Diving is my passion...I live to dive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom