Never received ecard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elemien

New
Reaction score
I got open water certified in December and a few weeks later I got an email from Padi saying my certification had been processed and an ecard was available on the app. Great!

But I never checked to confirm-- why would I. Now I'm supposed to go diving again in a few days and there's no ecard. I looked myself up on their certification check and it says no such person. Wtf. I emailed them but I have no idea how long it will take to hear back and my internet is pretty patchy in this country anyway.

Will I have to cancel diving? I do have the logbook with all the details in it, will the shop take that it lieu of a card?

Your email is supposed to have your diver number in it. In most cases your dive center can look it up online.

DM me your name and DOB and I will check the PADI Pros website.
The name I will check with needs to be the name your instructor used so provide me a few alternatives.

I made the same offer earlier by DM. No response.
We just exchanged DMs. She is indeed certified (I can find her on the PADI Pro site using name only), but there is something wrong with the DOB in her record. Suggested she call PADI Customer Service to sort it out.

Your email is supposed to have your diver number in it.
No, the email does not have a diver number in it, unfortunately. Nor a repeat of the name or DOB.

I got open water certified in December and a few weeks later I got an email from Padi saying my certification had been processed and an ecard was available on the app. Great!

But I never checked to confirm-- why would I. Now I'm supposed to go diving again in a few days and there's no ecard. I looked myself up on their certification check and it says no such person. Wtf. I emailed them but I have no idea how long it will take to hear back and my internet is pretty patchy in this country anyway.

Will I have to cancel diving? I do have the logbook with all the details in it, will the shop take that it lieu of a card?
same problem happen to me i email padi they sort it out in about 2 days.

download the PADI app and you should have an e-card using your login info for e-learning. They're not issuing hard cards unless you pay extra. The comment above is correct, if the DOB or name is not spelled the same on the e-learning, and the final certification processing by the instructor or dive center, it may not show up. A call to 1800-pay-padi should easily resolve that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom