Need immediate weather relief for deep dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe passports would be required for the Bahamas, and mine is in Colorado. I am sure I can get the depth I need off of Andros. I do not think, though, that I can get trimix. I dived caves on Abaco a couple years ago with Brian Kakuk, and he told me how hard it was for him to get the oxygen he needed for nitrox.

if someone can Fedex your passport - Cayman is another expensive option and you can get the gas there - Grand Cayman Scuba Diving Divetech.com Plus the wall out front of the resort drops deeper than you need.
The famous Cayman wall runs around the island and drops to 3,000 ft. in places. It boasts 4 walls: east, north, west and south, and at any time (weather permitting) there is always one wall to dive.

Non-stop 90min. flight - $560 though...:eek:

I don't think you can get the gas anywhere in the Bahamas either - my thought was pay extra to haul yours on the ferry but maybe not - IDK their restrictions.

Cayman weather:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Wish I had a solution to contribute, but all I have is compassion. I feel your pain. You can do EVERYTHING right and plan the best possible circumstances, but no matter how hard you try, you just can't control mother nature.

Our annual "Cajun Invasion" trips to Key Largo are becoming epic, but no matter how awesome the logistics of the trip are, if we can't get out and dive we miss what it's all about :( I think the only consolation is having it happen with people who understand the inevitability of the possibility, and make lemonade with the lemons :wink:

It's really great to have a place like ScubaBoard where you can share your concerns and other divers actually care what you're going through and try to help :acclaim:

My students are bailing out. Our tanks were filled, so we will have to pay for that and for the changed flight plans, but they decided to cut their losses. It looks like it is going to be bad through the weekend.

Sorry to hear about this. March is absolutely the worst time of year to dive here in South Florida. During Dec-Feb, we can get strong wind fronts but often followed by several days of glorious calm and clear conditions. In March and April, though, the wind often blows all month long, and the resulting seas are a short very nasty chop. No way would I want to schlep around doubles and stage bottles off and on and around a pitching boat in the conditions we usually get.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom