Need help picking song for father/daughter dance at my wedding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Ber Rabbit

Is Bruce supposed to dance with his mom for a song? I'm new to this wedding planning stuff and running out of time. W-day is June 22.
In our part of the world the tradition is
(1) Bride dances with her Dad
(2) Groom dances with his Mom
(3) Bride dances with her new Father-in-Law and Groom dances with his new Mother-in-Law (same dance)
(4) Bride & Groom begin the general dancing for all.
However, the Bride is in overall control of the wedding and the reception - it is her day and her way... and we're all happy to oblige..
Rick :) :) :)

Looks like I'm gonna end up using every suggested song with all this dancing!:wink: I wrote your list down and added it to the planning pile! So when does the garter and bouquet tossing, cake cutting, eating and anything else I haven't thought of get done?
Ber :bunny:

This is how we did it....

1) Bride and Groom are introduced and start the first dance together to 'their' song, about 1/2 way through the song Best man and Maid of Honor our introduced and join the happy couple on the dance floor, followed by the remaining pairs of groomsmen/bridesmaids.

2). Everyone sits - and Best man does the toast, followed by the first course of the meal (or the first trip to the buffet if you're not doing a sit down).

3). After dinner - Bride & Dad dance

4). Groom & Mom dance

5). Dance floor is open to everyone. (Bunny hop <S>, etc.)

6). After a little milling about/digestion time - the cake is cut and everyone has dessert.

7). Follwing some more open dancing (Macarena, electric slide,. etc.) the single ladies are called to the dance floor and the bouqet is tossed.

8). The garter is removed from the bride's leg and tossed by the groom to the eager single men.

9) (Optional) The man who caught the garter is then places it on the leg of the woman who caught the bouqet.

10). More general dancing & partying until everyone is so tired they have to go home! <S>

I hope I didn't miss any steps....<S>

Can you believe I have NEVER done the Macarena? Thanks for the tips!
Ber :bunny:

:mean:

The best one I heard and saw just happen to be the one the Groom picked out as there song.....

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

You had to be there to see it all and believe it all, I still laugh about it today.

Rich :laugh:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom