Need help picking song for father/daughter dance at my wedding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Responce to "Just Add Water "

"It's a Wild World" by Cat Stevens is a great choice.

Now that I've lost everything to you
You say you wanna start something new
And it's breakin' my heart you're leavin'
Baby, I'm grievin'
But if you wanna leave, take good care
I hope you have a lot of nice things to wear
But then a lot of nice things turn bad out there

Oh, baby, baby, it's a wild world
It's hard to get by just upon a smile
Oh, baby, baby, it's a wild world
I'll always remember you like a child, girl

You know I've seen a lot of what the world can do
And it's breakin' my heart in two
Because I never wanna see you a sad girl
Don't be a bad girl
I hope you make a lot of nice friends out there
But just remember there's a lot of bad and beware

Chorus

Baby, I love you
I hope you make a lot of nice friends out there
But just remember there's a lot of bad and beware

Chorus

Originally posted by JustAddWater
Oooops, my mistake. I think Willie Nelson does a version, too. Or, is it Cat Stevens?

Its Willie, but doesn't hold a candle to the original....

"Ohhhhhhh Yeahhhhhhhhhhh"

I am going to vote for "butterfly kisses" also. You are suppose to ball. My wife used that song and it fit like a glove. I used "It was your song" by Garth Brooks for my dance with my mother. Even though I am not a huge country fan that song hit the spot. We also had a surprise anniversary party for my parents last year and we made a power point presentation with pictures of their time together along with music. With out the music it isn't that bad, but once you hear it with the music. Forget it .. rivers are a running.

martinjc,
I'm a big softy too. I cry during movies, songs, TLC, Discovery Channel, etc…

Hey I cried my eyes out in the Green Mile when John Koffee was ..well you know .. but Discovery channel?
Here's some of the words song at my more recent wedding.
The song is Sunrise Sunset. Anyone know it?
It's from the movie Fiddler on the Roof. it was sung during the wedding scene.

Is ths the little girl I carried?
Is this the little boy at play?
I don't remember getting older ..
When did they?

Sunrise Sunset
Sunrise Sunset
Swiftly go the years ...

Ber: Looks the vote is going to the butterflies ..what do you think?

Daddy's Hands

By

Holly Young

Gotta love it!

The men in our family (being of good European stock) are all very affectionate - a handshake isn't good enough when we see each other - a kiss and hearty hug is required- and we cry at the drop of a hat - not as easily at sad things, usually, but happy experiences have our eyes brimming with tears in seconds. My cousin once told me that my wedding was one of the happiest and 'wetest' weddings she had ever attended! I still can't watch the wedding video without tearing up - and my wife and I just had our 5th wedding anniversary.

Good Luck Ber! Let the tears roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great bunch of ideas! I know you like "Butterfly Kisses" and I too think it's a pretty song. However, I'm so soft I cry when I see a Chevy commercial and my face gets (and stays) really blotchy when I cry. Remember, there's going to be a photographer snapping away while I'm dancing and I'd hate to have to make him throw away all the photos after the father/daughter dance!

Is Bruce supposed to dance with his mom for a song? I'm new to this wedding planning stuff and running out of time. W-day is June 22.

Any advice you have is appreciated! Thanks! Anyone going to come out and watch?
Ber :bunny:

I don't know if it's something you have to do - hey it's your wedding you and Bruce can decide - but I have been to a number of weddings (including mine) where the groom dances with his Mom right after the bride dances with her Dad. I think it's kind of nice - I know I enjoyed that dance with my Mom <S>, then again (as mentioned above) I'm a softy.

My first vote would have been for Butterfly Kisses, but sense that one just dosen't seem to fit, I think the next best choice is Forever Young. My other suggestions would be two Garth Brooks "The Dance" and "The River" (being a diver, this one may have double meaning!) Hope I helped. If I think of anything else, I will add those too. :)

Kayla:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom