Need help from a diver. Reward offered.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found it to be 4.5 inch in some areas - just look out for the trees, they will hurt the head also it's 55 degree f.- have fun!!
clif

Take something to cut wire too. I came across some balled up wire that my anchor had found. I believe that it is too balled up to entangle anyone but as sure as I say that someone will.

The silt in some areas can be completely unbelieveable.

You can't even tell when you start to sink down in it until you start to feel just a little resistance, then you're probably down to about 1.5 feet. You move and everything turns completely black.

the K

The silt in some areas can be completely unbelieveable.

You can't even tell when you start to sink down in it until you start to feel just a little resistance, then you're probably down to about 1.5 feet. You move and everything turns completely black.

the K

Been there and done that, but the key is to stay slightly positive so this doesn't occur; after all, a siltout in lanier stays a siltout for hours.....

Bummer about loosing the foil. Hope your buddies are letting your ride theirs. Sure makes wakeboarding a much cheaper sport, although you can't go nearly as BIG!

Have you tried contacting the company to see if they will help you out? They might sell you one at cost or something. Never hurts to ask. Of course you could probably buy a used sky ski for a reasonable price. I haven't followed the model changes lately to know if you could take one off a lesser board.

Bummer about loosing the foil. Hope your buddies are letting your ride theirs. Sure makes wakeboarding a much cheaper sport, although you can't go nearly as BIG!

Have you tried contacting the company to see if they will help you out? They might sell you one at cost or something. Never hurts to ask. Of course you could probably buy a used sky ski for a reasonable price. I haven't followed the model changes lately to know if you could take one off a lesser board.

Unfortunately nobody else rides around me so it pretty much ended my season. If I have to buy a replacement, it will probably be an upgrade to latest / greatest stuff at $2K plus. Most of the used stuff out there is beginner equipment which would be a downgrade from what I had. I keep an eye on the forums so if something used comes up for sale I will definitely know it. One way or another, I will be riding again next spring.

Anyone bothered to drop a shot weight with a line and do a circular sweep?

Circular sweeps in Lanier generally are not able to be performed because there are still standing sapling and tree trunks. Most divers don't understand the environment of diving Lanier below 40 feet or so.

the K

Circular sweeps in Lanier generally are not able to be performed because there are still standing sapling and tree trunks. Most divers don't understand the environment of diving Lanier below 40 feet or so.

the K

Actually this specific cove seems to be pretty clear for some reason. I know it's hard to find anything for an anchor to grab onto & to be the consensus of the guys who have been down there.

I tried circular patterns on two occasions. There are some trees down there. Just not near as abundant as in other parts of the lake. On my last two dives I managed to run head first into several small tree trunks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom