Need help from a diver. Reward offered.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Richrich

Reaction score
I lost a pretty expensive piece of aluminum near Gainesville Marina. It is in approx 40 foot deep water and I can boat you to where I dropped it within a few feet. It is about four feet long T shape maybe about ten pounds of aluminum. I would offer a $500 reward if someone can get it back for me. PM me if you are interested. The sooner the better. Thanks, Rich.

I am sure that you will get the help that you are needing. In my own opinion, you are offering waaaay tooooo much of a reward. Heck, If I was in your neck of the woods, I would do it for just filling my tanks for me.

Wow!!!
Have you come to the right place.

PM me.

It might not be worth that much, depending how deep the water is.

The Kraken

Truth is, it's worth about $1500 and it's a goner unless someone can find it. I figure it's a win-win. Ideally, I would like to try to fish it out sometime this week. Probably better for diving anyway - less boats overhead than on the weekend.

I will answer a private question publicly here because it's a legitimate question. No legal issues involved whatsoever. What I lost is a piece of my skyski. I failed to put in the retaining pin before throwing it in the water for a ride today. You can see what a skyski is here -
skyski.com (sorry, the forum won't let me paste the actual link because I'm a newbie!) The aluminum T-Bar and wings separated from the board. Sadly aluminum doesn't float well. So it's just a piece of watersports gear that I own and would like to have back.

main_pic2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Cave diver for adding the image to my post. I will say that my aluminum is not shiny silver like the image. It is anodized black with red wings. So that will probably not be as visible underwater. It is a pretty big piece though so hopefully it's recoverable.

Thanks Cave diver for adding the image to my post. I will say that my aluminum is not shiny silver like the image. It is anodized black with red wings. So that will probably not be as visible underwater. It is a pretty big piece though so hopefully it's recoverable.

No problem. Good luck with the recovery effort. Unfortunately, a piece shaped like that might glide a long way in 40' of water. Could require a pretty large search pattern to locate.

No problem. Good luck with the recovery effort. Unfortunately, a piece shaped like that might glide a long way in 40' of water. Could require a pretty large search pattern to locate.

True, I hadn't thought about the glide issue. I suppose the bar would invert with the wings pointed up. Any type of electronic gear that could locate it?

Update - Redwing went out with me this morning, but we haven't found it yet. Since he has already devoted some time to this, I will let him have another shot at it this weekend before I take anyone else out. I will post updates. Thanks everyone so far for your response.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom