Need help from a diver. Reward offered.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

New update - 2 dives and Redwing wasn't able to retrieve it for me so who else is up for a challenge? What he found was a flat bottom without any trees / rocks, etc. Lots of silt so the bar may be partially buried. Very poor visibility. So it's clearly not an easy find. I think if someone had a fishfinder / sonar with good resolution, it would probably be visible from a boat.

Anyway, I have a couple of PM's that I could call back but I thought I would just post back up here and if you are still interested, pm me again.

Thanks,
Rich

Hey Rich I don't know if it will help or not but I do have structure scan sonar on my bassboat. If you have anyone diving next weekend and want to try it let me know.
Jim

If you can find it on the sonar I will go get it for you. Just let me know.

I know you guys went out during the week on your first dive. What works better for you? I'm always looking for a reason to take a day off. The only day I can't do it is wednesday. Let me know if interested

Looks like Joe8mofo and skierch are going to dive Wednesday. So as of the moment I will let them do their thing. That sonar sounds pretty handy though.

Ok. the offer stands if needed. Good luck guys. I hope you find it.

did you punch "record spot" on your GPS when you lost it? or did you just "know where to go back to?"

were you under way when you lost it? or floating still?

I was sitting still in a cove so I can pretty much triangulate on landmarks.

I have an underwater metal detector if it comes to that! Just PM me! Problem is that I live in P'Cola, Florida.

Back
Top Bottom