NC Quarries that are open to diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have heard rumor of another quarry opening up soon out towards RDU area.
My husband and I own a quarry in Wendell NC that we are opening as a dive Quarry this summer. It is called Mystery Lake--I set up a Facebook page and we will add details on opening on that page. We are also setting up an online reservation and payment page. Hope to see you there!

My husband and I own a quarry in Wendell NC that we are opening as a dive Quarry this summer. It is called Mystery Lake--I set up a Facebook page and we will add details on opening on that page. We are also setting up an online reservation and payment page. Hope to see you there!
you may want to post this on the Raleigh area divers page on facebook. I'm sure a lot of divers there would be interested.

hmm, I'm a member of that page and didn't see it, but then again I don't pay a lot of attention since I don't live in Raleigh. If i'm going to drive 3 hours, might as well make it 4 and dive off the coast.

I'm impressed, NC seems to have quite a number of quarries versus Virginia. Fantasy Lake doesn't look too bad and not as expensive as Lake Phoenix (the new name for Lake Rawlings.) Have friends in Raleigh, hope to make it down that way towards the end of summer. Will also look at the others.

Gray Quarry just across the border near Johnson City, TN is open for Diving. It's 60' deep with a fire truck sunk in the bottom plus training platforms.

When Mystery Lake opens I imagine it will get used for some tech training since it hits 125 ft in one area.

Bluestone is only open part of the year. Does have full onsite dive shop.

I would strongly suggest listing this on divebuddy.com.

Have you opened your quarry yet??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom