Navy Ship runs aground in Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry this screeen capture is a bit big. I gather they were supposed to be in the anchorage area and got in too close. You can see how fast the bottm gets shallow. The numbers are depth in fathoms (6' to a fathom).

NavyShipGrounding.jpg

I went out there on my way home from Waianae yesterday and took a couple of (bad quality) photos. I'll try to post one tonight when I get home. (Lisa - I may need your help)

Heh, the CO of that ship, the watch crew, and maybe others are in for a rough time.

Ship right out of drydock, and now going back in........$$$ Seems the crew was more than a bit rusty with ship handling and navigation after months in the dock.

At a minimum, the CO's career is over.

Hmmm... I would be carefull around that area. I remember finding a couble of shells around there; and I don't mean the kind with an animal inside.

seems like to me, with the world the way it is these days that the navy would nolonger intrust that kind of duty to a non miitary vessel.

Hmmm... I would be carefull around that area. I remember finding a couble of shells around there; and I don't mean the kind with an animal inside.

Ya, there are a few shells lying around on the Reef Runway.......Fishboy! how ya doin! what I'd give right now just to go dive the Diner.........

That ship should never have been in there, must have lost steerage or power, someone just retired, and someone just promoted.........:shakehead:

Jimbo!!! You have NO idea how much I am wanting to do the Diner... Heck, I'm even up for those crappy dives off Reef Runway.

Back
Top Bottom