NACD Instructor standards violation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm sorry, but I fail to see the humor in this. ...

Exaggeration is the heart of satire.

Downfall mashups are generally trash, but this one has a good premise and a great script.

I was laughing so hard that people came to check on me.

I need to find a way to actually download both of those clips before they disappear.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

It's my understanding that this standard violation was Rob teaching an intro to cave diver trimix in lower orange grove. This has been a rumor for at least close to two years. I wasn't there and won't guess if its valid or not.

Seems odd that it's randomly looked into after so long. Part of me wonders if it's more personal conflict than enforcing standards.

That is interesting.

I checked the 2014 NACD standards. The intro class has a "limit" of 100', the full cave class has a 130' limit.
However the standards are very much unclear about whether the term "limits" only applies to training, or as post certification limits too.

And if theses limits do apply to certified divers, as they would need to in this case, how can a full cave certified diver ever do a Trimix class in the first place?

Rick, can you enlighten us on how this example James quoted would technically break standards?

I was surprised to learn that at least one technical diving agency (PADI) allows some trimix training (and even pre-trimix technical instruction) within a cave environment. The instructor does not have to be a cave instructor. Both the instructor and student must have full cave certification, and the student must have at least 60 logged cave dives. Not all caves are appropriate by the standards--I don't believe lower orange grove qualifies.

I was surprised to learn that at least one technical diving agency (PADI) allows some trimix training (and even pre-trimix technical instruction) within a cave environment. The instructor does not have to be a cave instructor.

I think you are mistaken.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom