Mystery Reef Off North Yucatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Loved the footage thanks (yay Mac users!) so excited, love exploring - can't find anyone advertising liveaboards in progreso - so I'll just have to go up there and check it out on my days off (haha), unless you find that card. Ther is certainly not a lot of talk about this spot, I wonder if the vis is bad..its terrible in Holbox....good enough for the whale shark trips tho - they are there now!

Will report back on Arecife Alacran tour to come!

It's where the Gulf meets the Caribbean and the vis is not great 10-20 ft I understand - I have been there but not been diving there but have spoken to the divers there and they tell me this - you can dive there there are a couple of spots, about a 2 hour boat ride from the island so $80-90 a trip and min 4 people.

Now is the time for whale sharks until end-August, 5 hours on the boat and you go snorkelling with the whale sharks, boats leave around 6.30am We package a hotel and snorkel trip there at US120 per person (twin share) to give you an idea of the costs. In case you are planning to come down this way!

cat

Thanks for the info Cat. Would like to check it out, before it becomes over run w/ tourists & the high-rise hotels start going up.

IslandHopper:
A real airplane buff might be able to figure it out just from those limited shots in the clip ... its a Boeing 737.

I suppose one would...I wouldn't know, I'm still stuck in the little guys without too much glass in the cockpit :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom