My wife is looking for a back inflate BC for traveling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you to all who answered. Fortunately, in Dallas, there are a lot of dive shops to check out all the equipment suggestions. After trying on 6 different models the best fit was the Aqualung Rogue. A size small worked great and the shop worked to fit a backplate that is comfortable. Being 5'9", all but 2 BC's were too short. While it doesn't roll up, it should lay flat and give us more room to pack. Heading to Grand Turks in a few weeks to give it a try. Maybe someday I'll get on the back wing, but for now, my Axiom works great. Thank you again for all the suggestions and hands-on comments. They were much appreciated and weighed in on her decision.

You likely know this already, but you can remove the shoulder and waist straps and pack the whole thing flat.

My wife uses an Aqualung Apex. Black Ice.

The rogue or outlaw are great shouts.

I have an outlaw, with an extra set of roque waiststraps if I need to dive with pockets and at 2kgs. The fact that it is modular and you can break it down means that packs down really small and you can squeeze bits eailsy into you hand luggage if required

Zeagle express

Concur; the Zeagle Express Tech is a great lightweight minimalist travel BPW design. I prefer the regular to the deluxe model — the deluxe has unnecessary padding. Less expensive, but you’ll probably want to add a ditchable weight system to it. Zeagle makes one, or XSscuba ditchable pockets work well.

Thank you to all who answered. Fortunately, in Dallas, there are a lot of dive shops to check out all the equipment suggestions. After trying on 6 different models the best fit was the Aqualung Rogue. A size small worked great and the shop worked to fit a backplate that is comfortable. Being 5'9", all but 2 BC's were too short. While it doesn't roll up, it should lay flat and give us more room to pack. Heading to Grand Turks in a few weeks to give it a try. Maybe someday I'll get on the back wing, but for now, my Axiom works great. Thank you again for all the suggestions and hands-on comments. They were much appreciated and weighed in on her decision.

I was going to recommend the Rogue, once I got to the end of this thread, but it looks like you beat me to the punch, good choice! It is my everyday dive BC, and I like it a lot. Don’t love the weight set up because its impossible to get them back in when wearing the BC. But, I know how much weight I need, so no big deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom