My venture into Sidemount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Jax, are your seals cone or bottle?? If they are the bottle seals you are going to have a hard time fitting them to your small wrists.

I have a set of cone seals that I used for a set of drygloves and a ring system and they come with only a 1/2 hole in the end. If that leaks for you, then I would give up all hope of being dry.

. . . Seriously? or are you pulling my leg?
He is not the only one who has seen it. Duct tape can make the difference between making a dive or not if you rip a seal. :D

Reactions: Jax
Did I mention that I hate it when you're right? At least on this subject? :D

What do you think about the lift bag for open water, Rob? Should I always carry my 50lb just-in-case?

I always carry an SMB in real OW (not Florida spring basin OW). It's there for a surface marker and backup buoyancy, even though I rarely dive wet...above the elbows anyway... I've even carried a 50lb lift bag in a cave when diving wet.

Dry gloves would be nice, but they're not really appropriate for Florida caves.

Duct tape...I have used it on more than one occasion to save a dive...seriously.

:rofl3: I learn so much on Scubaboard!!! :rofl3:

Duct tape will rip the seals when you remove it. Unfortunately, I know.

The elastic bands I sewed for myself to put over my wrist seals during our Florida trip actually worked very well. I was only very mildly damp at the wrists. (I was unfortunately soaked everywhere else, but that's another story . . . )

Duct tape will rip the seals when you remove it. Unfortunately, I know.

The elastic bands I sewed for myself to put over my wrist seals during our Florida trip actually worked very well. I was only very mildly damp at the wrists. (I was unfortunately soaked everywhere else, but that's another story . . . )

I understand. :) I am rather amazed at its wide-spread use, though.

Question for YOU - Do you believe your Fusion makes a good redundant buoyancy option?

I understand. :) I am rather amazed at its wide-spread use, though.

Question for YOU - Do you believe your Fusion makes a good redundant buoyancy option?

The Fusion?....Garbage can liner comes to mind, oh and the duct tape could hold it in place.

:doh:

Okay, I give up. I'll have to try the different lift ways on one of the dives in March.

But I do have it on very good authority that gorilla tape makes a fine drysuit repair! :)

Back
Top Bottom