My venture into Sidemount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you tried pulling your seals further up your forearm instead of leaving it around your wrist?

Yes, thanks; they have to go almost to the elbows. I've not tried pulling them up to my elbows, and then back down, like an inverted turtleneck. Heard that somewhere today.

Yes, thanks; they have to go almost to the elbows. I've not tried pulling them up to my elbows, and then back down, like an inverted turtleneck. Heard that somewhere today.

There is another product I've seen that some claim is somewhat successful as well. It's kind of like an innertube bracelet that you put on your wrists, then the seal goes on top of that. The benefit to that is that it's not tapered like a seal, so it seals the tendon area and provides a smooth surface for the drysuit seal to mate against.

Reactions: Jax
There is another product I've seen that some claim is somewhat successful as well. It's kind of like an innertube bracelet that you put on your wrists, then the seal goes on top of that. The benefit to that is that it's not tapered like a seal, so it seals the tendon area and provides a smooth surface for the drysuit seal to mate against.

I would also try gluing a 3" band of latex over the top of a standard latex seal. Only need to experiment with one hand.

Dwayne

:hm: I have inner tube . . . :thumb:

Duct tape?

Don't you believe I've been tempted!?!?!?!? :rofl3:

actually....I'd go with electrical tape....it's black...

:shocked2: Won't think about it if it's not pink! :dramaqueen:

:rofl3: I am going to look into the inner tube idea, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom