My venture into Sidemount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, we have all SO been there -- maybe not in sidemount, but you can muddle yourself just as badly if you screw up the sequence of reg changes with a stage or deco bottle, too!

Okay, this video is out of order - but I have to put it up first!! :rofl3:

Rule 1. Thou shalt retain awareness of where are your hoses, and that they remain properly stowed!!!

:rofl4:

If you do not, an out of air will rapidly follow a valve shutdown, and you will be spagetti!

Jax nice video, why do you have that right hose so long? Why is it tangled up with the other hose also:idk:

Great video! The other customers on Starbucks are no doubt wondering why I'm sitting here giggling. Why do you have your right hose so long and bowed out to the side?

Looks like she had deployed the long hose but never routed it back around her neck. Which also resulted in the tangled hoses. I have seen that before, bet she doesn't make that mistake again if that's what happened.

Maybe I can bribe Denise at Dayo Scuba not to take any pictures when I try this in the spring...

Great video! The other customers on Starbucks are no doubt wondering why I'm sitting here giggling. Why do you have your right hose so long and bowed out to the side?

I'm gifted . . . :blinking:

:rofl3:

Looks like she had deployed the long hose but never routed it back around her neck. Which also resulted in the tangled hoses. I have seen that before, bet she doesn't make that mistake again if that's what happened.

Ummm . . . I wouldn't make that bet if I were you . . . :laughing:

The hose is one of the issues Jax is supposed to be making a decision on tonight as she reviews the videos. She currently uses a long hose on each side. The left cylinder hose routes up around her neck. The right cylinder hose comes straight up to her mouth. The issue is when she switches from the right reg to the left reg, there's all that extra hose that isn't tucked away anywhere. This is a common problem when the hose comes straight up instead of being routed around the neck, whether it's a long hose or a short hose. It's easier to deal with the short hose doing this as long as you remember to tuck it into you when you're not using it. With a long hose, there's a tendency for more hose than you need to come untucked from the cylinder and you get what you see in the video.

Jonathan, we did platform drills since we were at Morrison instead of Vortex. She just hasn't posted that video yet... :wink:

Oh, and tomorrow I bring my memory sticks to copy all the video and photos from these 3 days. I will be posting my own video this week... :crafty:

:fear:

I cannot wait! :thumb:

Ummm . . . I wouldn't make that bet if I were you . . . :laughing:

My money says Rob wins :D. Get rid of that long hose on the left, it is no help!!

Back
Top Bottom