My venture into Sidemount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you aren't going to go for it, I will order the pink face cover for mine then.......:D :rofl3:

NO ONE will touch your gear, then!!!! :rofl3:

I found that, even WITH the bifocals in my mask, reading Rob's gauges was a thing of instinct and imagination. It'll be the bigger ones for me!

I found that, even WITH the bifocals in my mask, reading Rob's gauges was a thing of instinct and imagination. It'll be the bigger ones for me!
The small ones were just too small, I tried button gauges all the way up to 2.5" gauges, I liked the smaller apeks gauges, they were just the right size.

So, when are you taking a side mount class? Which rig are you going with? :D

Jax:
All y'all in the the drought -- say thank you, as I towed bucket-loads of rain with me! It was soooooo bad . . . I was stuck at the speed limit most of the way.

So much for evasive driving!!! :mooner:

Any preferences on SPG 2.0" vs 2.5"? I don't see a big difference as far as configuration, but; 2.5" may be easier to read?

While the 2.5" gauges do have a larger, easier to read face, you'll find they are heavy and will pull the HP hose down. If your intent is to stick to OW or larger cave passage, this is okay. If you ever want to go into smaller SM passage, this will pose a problem.

Jax:
What could they do? Take back my Nomad?!?!?!

My wing does need to be replaced soon... :crafty:

With class not starting until tomorrow, what to do . . .

First - caught up with Kevin C - the one that introduced me to sidemount and got me started down this path!!! That was super! He was with Ben and Stephanie, and apparently had a tremendous dive that was someone dampened by the windy chill after they got out.

KC led me over to Cave Adventurers', which was good because the GPS didn't go all the way there. I met dog 1 of 4, Scuba, and Edd and Stacy -- Edd spent forever on the phone with me, and lovely Stacy stood patiently being measured so Edd could send me the right Nomad XT We chatted about this and that, Edd showed me the Intova Ultra could blow right through my SSC P7 (Yes, I'm buying one), pointed out some OMS Slipstreams I could try out (Yes, I will probably buy a pair), and patiently answering a few hundred questions! KC had to book out - darn, thought we'd get a dive in! Next time!:D

So, the Sunday was cold and damp, and I just wasn't wanting to get wet on top of that, so I went to the Florida Caverns State Park and toured an above ground cave. Keep that in mind if you have a non-diving SO! There's also a nice little 9-hole golf course, for those that play.

The rest of the time, I scoped out the local area and found places to eat - nice little berg, here.

So, tomorrow I meet Rob at Cave Adventurers' at 8:00am . . . Let the fun begin!!!

:yeahbaby:

It was great to finally meet you Jax. Im glad you gt to come to our neck of the woods, you are in good hands with Edd and Rob. I know your gonna have a blast, hopefully Rob doesnt drown from laughing :D

Wahhh! Internet is down here - not going to try to post my 1st day by PDA. :crying:

Just know it was a blast, Dive-aholic rocks, & so does Morriscn Springs!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom