My venture into Sidemount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott, you :mooner:!

Any preferences on SPG 2.0" vs 2.5"? I don't see a big difference as far as configuration, but; 2.5" may be easier to read?

I went with the small HOG SPG - they're so close to your face, small works.

With class not starting until tomorrow, what to do . . .

First - caught up with Kevin C - the one that introduced me to sidemount and got me started down this path!!! That was super! He was with Ben and Stephanie, and apparently had a tremendous dive that was someone dampened by the windy chill after they got out.

KC led me over to Cave Adventurers', which was good because the GPS didn't go all the way there. I met dog 1 of 4, Scuba, and Edd and Stacy -- Edd spent forever on the phone with me, and lovely Stacy stood patiently being measured so Edd could send me the right Nomad XT We chatted about this and that, Edd showed me the Intova Ultra could blow right through my SSC P7 (Yes, I'm buying one), pointed out some OMS Slipstreams I could try out (Yes, I will probably buy a pair), and patiently answering a few hundred questions! KC had to book out - darn, thought we'd get a dive in! Next time!:D

So, the Sunday was cold and damp, and I just wasn't wanting to get wet on top of that, so I went to the Florida Caverns State Park and toured an above ground cave. Keep that in mind if you have a non-diving SO! There's also a nice little 9-hole golf course, for those that play.

The rest of the time, I scoped out the local area and found places to eat - nice little berg, here.

So, tomorrow I meet Rob at Cave Adventurers' at 8:00am . . . Let the fun begin!!!

:yeahbaby:

I went with the small HOG SPG - they're so close to your face, small works.
Then it's the 2.5" for me. My arms are already too short to read most things. :D
...pointed out some OMS Slipstreams I could try out (Yes, I will probably buy a pair), ...
So, tomorrow I meet Rob at Cave Adventurers' at 8:00am . . . Let the fun begin!!!
:yeahbaby:
I LOVE my Slipstreams!
Have a great time, I'm green with envy! :wink:

Then it's the 2.5" for me. My arms are already too short to read most things. :D

Prescription mask - they'll install readers in your mask. Works great for looking at the small stuff during photograph.

I LOVE my Slipstreams!
Have a great time, I'm green with envy! :wink:

Glad to hear it! :thumb:

Any preferences on SPG 2.0" vs 2.5"? I don't see a big difference as far as configuration, but; 2.5" may be easier to read?
I am using the apeks gauge, that is in a small boot.

and for Jax, I see they offer the front boot cover for this gauge in PINK

cont_gauge_house_x3_285.jpg

I am using the apeks gauge, that is in a small boot.

and for Jax, I see they offer the front boot cover for this gauge in PINK

cont_gauge_house_x3_285.jpg

But I have my stuff already!

Back
Top Bottom