My regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can take no credit for this for this is the way they performed right out of the box . When I have them serviced all I ask is to make them whole / put them back to the way they were . It has been alluded that I tuned them to
"twitchyness". That is simply not true .To be honest I could have requested their performance to be TURNED DOWN . Simply put I don't roll that way . Maybe that's why the NEDU choose the first gen Pilot for Operation Deep Dive 79 .

In regards to my Pilots my Guru is Mr Robert C. Singler of NAPASCUBA . I started diving in 1967 and when this man speaks I LISTEN . I owe the Pilots performance and maintenance to him and I can not say enough positive things about him . The D350 as well as the Balanced Adjustables performance goes to Mr Bob Mercer of Bobs sea and ski in Fairhaven Ma . Bob started working with his dad in the shop when he was five and his family is a local legend in Fall River Massachusetts . The only thing I had Bob do was to give me the ability to allow the B/A to free flow if I wanted it to . That's all .

Merry Christmas .
OK. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant when you called your d350 " very moody and temperamental". I took this as meaning unstable or "twitchy".
What did you mean?
I didn't want others to think the d350 wasn't a stable, reliable and pleasant regulator when set up a little more conservatively than .4".

Anyways, my current setups, subject to whim, are:
Atomic Z2 first stage with a d400 and an Atomic Z1 safe second.
Phoenix/HPR modified Aqua Master DH with an Aqua Lung Legend safe second.

OK. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant when you called your d350 " very moody and temperamental". I took this as meaning unstable or "twitchy".
What did you mean?
I didn't want others to think the d350 wasn't a stable, reliable and pleasant regulator when set up a little more conservatively than .4".

Anyways, my current setups, subject to whim, are:
Atomic Z2 first stage with a d400 and an Atomic Z1 safe second.
Phoenix/HPR modified Aqua Master DH with an Aqua Lung Legend safe second.
My Pilots are moody . The first gen being moodier than the second . The D350 is not . If I am to understand the sequence , Pilot first gen , Pilot second gen , AIR 1 , D300- now D420 ( which I own sitting in a box on the shelf ) . I would imagine after Scubapro " UN-complicated " the series the moodiness was evolved out . Just for the sake of conversation I owned the original D300 when it first was introduced . On the very first dive when turning my head sharply to the left I got a mouth full of water . Alarmingly I had the reg in a Cressi Sub full face mask .

I immediately brought it right back to the shop I had just purchased it from and was informed ," THIS REG IS ON A SILENT RECALL ".
What the F ?? Silent recall , I just bought it !! It is my understanding that they installed what I would call a diverter around the diaphragm / exhaust valve to correct this problem . I took it home put it on the shelf and never dove it after that . The D350 which is the fifth in the series displays no issues .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom