My regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is the plaque the United States Navys Experimental Dive Unit awarded Scubapro in regards to the Pilot .

Attachments

• IMG_2821.JPG
    IMG_2821.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 50
Yes the pilots and D350 are amazing regs ( I will not tell you what mine crack at as you would probably not believe me ) but they are very moody and temperamental .

Once again just my 2 cents and at one point or another I think I have owned every reg that SP has made
My d400 is rock solid at 1". It is always in a good mood.

My d400 is rock solid at 1". It is always in a good mood.
Sometimes we compromise reliability for performance . Once again just my personal observation as I believe the average diver has no clue what these numbers represent . They are quite content at whatever their number is and that's the way it should be . As long as you are happy with your kit that's all that matters .

I figure at 1" I'm not at risk for a hernia.
Even at 1" I find breathing effortless underwater. What I like best about the d series regs is they breathe the same right side up, upside down, or sideways.
If you tune your regulator to twitchyness you will have a twitchy regulator.

I am not here to enter into a debate . If you did not read what I wrote let me state it again ," if you are happy with your kit that's all that matters ". And to be clear Scubapro spec states that for the pilot to be in tune it has to leak 6 bubbles a minute . That in and of itself suggests to me that the Pilot is right on the edge . But when asked what regs do you use I simply stated these are my regs . I have the ability to buy any reg I want . I just like these .

So neither my Pilots or my D350 have been modified in anyway . If you private message me I will gladly provide you with the techs who work on my regs and in that way if you have a issue with anything I have stated and (or ) comment you may take it up directly with them . I am sure they would love to hear from you as they love to learn .

I can take no credit for this for this is the way they performed right out of the box . When I have them serviced all I ask is to make them whole / put them back to the way they were . It has been alluded that I tuned them to
"twitchyness". That is simply not true .To be honest I could have requested their performance to be TURNED DOWN . Simply put I don't roll that way . Maybe that's why the NEDU choose the first gen Pilot for Operation Deep Dive 79 .

In regards to my Pilots my Guru is Mr Robert C. Singler of NAPASCUBA . I started diving in 1967 and when this man speaks I LISTEN . I owe the Pilots performance and maintenance to him and I can not say enough positive things about him . The D350 as well as the Balanced Adjustables performance goes to Mr Bob Mercer of Bobs sea and ski in Fairhaven Ma . Bob started working with his dad in the shop when he was five and his family is a local legend in Fall River Massachusetts . The only thing I had Bob do was to give me the ability to allow the B/A to free flow if I wanted it to . That's all .

Merry Christmas .

MK2/108
MK5/109-156
Mk20/G200B-R195
Conshelf 21
Conshelf 11 vintage- if provenance has anything to offer a vintage reg set, this reg was used by a friend of mine who assisted the famous Don Wobber to raise and land the largest jade boulder (nine thousand lbs.) out of Jade Cove, CA in 1974.
Moving on:
Late 60’s Aqualung DA Aquamaster double hose- still in a box torn down waiting to be restored.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom