My mask broke!!! I need a new one.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have had a Ocean master V2 for years and it finally went to mask heaven. I need a new mask. I just got my OW training. I am scared of getting reverse block. Everyone tells me you shoulden't dive with a cold. But I have heard stories of people feeling perfectly fine and getting reverse block. I was wandering if the Pro Ear would make a differance or not?:confused:

Enyways... I need a mask by next month for my next dive. I dive in water around 45 degrees F. I just use a 7mm. I have about
50$ to spend on a mask.

Another Option. I always wanted a FFM. If a scraped all my money together and saved a little I could get the sccuba pro FFM for 300$ would that be a good idea or not? If I did that would my U.S. Divers Reg work with it?

I need some help deciding. Thx for your help

:wink:

Hi... My mask broke and went to mask heaven. So I need to a new mask. I am 13 and have diver 4 times in my life. Later in my life I want to get nitrox, dry suit, and AOW training. I have little money. I am scared of getting reverse block. I have heard stories of guy that felt perfectly fine and dove to 50ft and had to blow his ear drums to get to the surface. I don't want that happening to me:eek: . Would the Pro Ear reduce the chance of that happeming or not:confused: .

I was also thinking of investing my money into a FFM. What are the advatages with a FFM. I have 3 I was thinking of. AGA W/ 2 stage reg for 500$ Neptune W/ 2 stage reg for 500$, or SP FFM with my U.S. Divers reg.

I need a easy to clear safe mask that will last me for years.

(Also how much and where would you get training for FFM)
Thx for your help:)

Once in the masks forum is enough.

The most important thing with a mask is fit - a full face mask is going to be useless to you (very few people use them) if your face is too small and it leaks. Same for any mask - you will need to go into a dive shop, put a snorkel or regulator mouthpiece into your mouth (so that your top lip is in the same shape as when you will actually be wearing the mask), and try different masks on until you find one that fits your face.

You will find that the different FFMs you are interested in are designed for an adult face, so you might have to wait a couple of years (and save a few more $$$) before trying them.

Everyone has a slightly different sized or shaped face, and a mask that is perfect for one diver will leak for another diver. You just need to go to a store and try them on. Most stores carry a range of masks for different budgets, and different sized masks.

Back
Top Bottom