Corrective lenses in my mask project.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why not pop the lenses out of glasses frame and attach to inside of mask? Not sure what value the frames are providing
I thought of using an Acrylic to pour in around them but how else would you connect them to the inside of the glass plate with no frames?

Tusa makes inexpensive corrective lens inserts:

Most mask manufacturers offer one or two models with interchangeable lenses. A pair of corrective lenses to fit the mask typically costs $50-$60 on top of the mask.

Or you can send the mask to certain companies that grind custom lenses and glue them in for about $200,

I thought of using an Acrylic to pour in around them but how else would you connect them to the inside of the glass plate with no frames?

Not sure, but it would look cleaner lol

When I started diving years ago, I did the Tusa mask with the replaceable lenses but it drove me nuts being blind on the boat afterwards. So I have worn contacts while diving for 34 of the 35 years and I have yet to lose one, but I also travel with a backup pair.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom