My LDS Experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Empty V:
I went to Hollywood divers and they made me some amazing deals. Looks like I've got Aloha for certain things and Hollywood Divers for other items. Way to turn a bad situation into a great one!
I frequent both shops as well... the owners of both know me by name. :) Each place has their strengths, and both have very nice folks. And then, frankly, sometimes I'm physically closer to one or the other, so it gets my money. LOL

It's good to live in SoCal and have a choice between good shops. I really feel bad for the people who only have one or two (bad) shop(s) to choose from.

I swung by Channel Island Scuba the other day, just because I had never been and happened to be passing by. Interesting shop. TINY, but tidy. Guy was very friendly, and once I made it clear I was just swinging by to browse, he went in the back to work on some regs and said to let him know if he could help. LOTS of ScubaPro gear. Way more than the usual regs and BCS... they had more SP stuff than anything else, including masks snorkels, wetsuits, gear bags, hats, you name it. I guess you have to pick your vendors carefully when you're that small. Regardless, there was nothing I actually needed, so after looking around a bit, I left. It's one thing to be nice to a prospective customer and another thing to actually have good customer service, of course. They're not close enough to compete with my usual LDSs, anyway.

CompuDude:
I frequent both shops as well... the owners of both know me by name. :) Each place has their strengths, and both have very nice folks. And then, frankly, sometimes I'm physically closer to one or the other, so it gets my money. LOL

It's good to live in SoCal and have a choice between good shops. I really feel bad for the people who only have one or two (bad) shop(s) to choose from.

From the treatment I've gotten from other dive shops, I don't think twice about driving 30min to purchase from a better shop.

If you are in the Santa Clarita area, come check out California Diving Company. We have a nice 2200 square foot store with a very nice gear selection. We carry most of the major manufacturers and some of the smaller, quality names. We do all levels of training, Nitrox fills and have frequent trips, both local and international.

We are all about customer service and would never treat anyone that way. When you buy a tank here, we give you a free viz and fill.

We'll keep the guys with the tattoos chained up.....

RAPE! That's what i'd be screaming. Understandable that smaller shops make their living off of gear sales but you buy a new tank you get a FREE AIR FILL! This manager/instructor sounds like a great guy to go diving with. Parts are not too expensive and if taken care of his compressor would last years!

oh, and by the way, it is a violation of PADI standards to do ALL your pool work in only 4ft. There are many skills that must be done in "water too deep to stand in".
Hopefully your impression of this instructor has not tainted your desire for diving.

scjoe:
................, they still charge you for the coffee at the end of the meal.

True.........................But, they never charge you for that tall glass of ice water, with a slice of lemon.

Empty V:
My LDS Experience

By the way, a few months before, the same assistant instructor asked what gear I bought. He told me that he knew of two people who had the same BCD (a Zeagle, which I really like) whose bladders had blown up on them and then he told me, “If you use that BC you will die.”

So this assistant instructor used those exact words? Did you report him to the certifying agency? Very irresponsible.

Well, to enhance your LDS experience, tell you what I'm gonna do. The first 5 people that come into Aloha Dive Simi Valley on Monday, and mention this post, I'll have a free drink, (soda, bottled water), a bag of chips, a dive sticker of your choice, and a free air card. 50$ worth of goodies, just for coming by and saying you saw this on scubaboard. And 10% off on all equipment sales. I'll even have a dive movie or two playing all day, you can kick it on our couch, have your snack, talk diving, and hang out for a bit.

In fact, I'll run the 10% sale all week, for those of you who can't make it in on Monday!

Look forward to seeing you all!!!

Now, pay attention; This offer is valid at our Simi Valley Location ONLY!

PhotoTJ:
Well, to enhance your LDS experience, tell you what I'm gonna do. The first 5 people that come into Aloha Dive Simi Valley on Monday, and mention this post, I'll have a free drink, (soda, bottled water), a bag of chips, a dive sticker of your choice, and a free air card. 50$ worth of goodies, just for coming by and saying you saw this on scubaboard. And 10% off on all equipment sales. I'll even have a dive movie or two playing all day, you can kick it on our couch, have your snack, talk diving, and hang out for a bit.

In fact, I'll run the 10% sale all week, for those of you who can't make it in on Monday!

Look forward to seeing you all!!!

Now, pay attention; This offer is valid at our Simi Valley Location ONLY!

And that's why I'll always buy from TJ!! My friend, you are crazy!!!

Billy

Back
Top Bottom