My LDS Experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Empty V:
As far as aloha goes, I have had nothing but positive experiences with them. TJ in the Simi Valley shop has been amazing to me. I've received excellent treatment from Chris, and Aaron as well, who are mostly in the Northridge store. I never went to the Canyon Country store so I cannot vouch for that one.

I've spoken with Hal at Hollywood Divers on multiple occasions and would love to do business with him too.

Most of my gear was bought through www.scubatoys.com and everyone I've dealt with there has been top notch.
I dove with TJ and Chris on a 2-day on the Peace a couple months ago. Both very nice guys. Chris now works mostly out of the new Woodland Hills store. Nice to see him more regularly, because making it to Northridge was always a bear.

Hal, Bill and Kareem (and the rest of the crew) at Hollywood Divers all rock. :) I'm biased, of course, because they are quite close to home so I hang out with them a lot... they're a bit farther from you, especially on a busy 101 fwy. I don't think they've ever steered me wrong, though. Same can be said for ScubaToys. I've only bought a few things from them (an hid light canon and other various items) but have always received top-notch service.

Hal & Bill are really nice guys I've done business with them a few times & will be doing business with them in the future.

Happy Diving
John

In my experience there are always two sides to a story. And from this one-sided story I get the feeling the other side might be a totally different one. The signature this guy uses tells a whole different story in itself.

Empty V:
I've heard of the California Dive Company. Wait, I remember! There is a guy that works there, a big tatted up guy. He freaks me out a little bit, I don't know if I can do business with them. LOL

Billy
You have to be a bit more specific, there's 3 big tatted guys. Well ok 2 big guys and one little guy(comparatively little). One big guy is new so I guess Im the one that freaks you out, sorry...

The crew down at Hollywood are great, The owner (Richard?) up at Xtreme in Ventura is a totally cool guy who has been willing to spend some time with me. He is a small, pretty much tech only shop, but for me that makes a great shop, too bad he's 45 miles away. Actually too bad I don't have all the cool tech gear here at California Diving. But I am working on it!

David P:
One big guy is new so I guess Im the one that freaks you out, sorry...

The owner (Richard?) up at Xtreme in Ventura is a totally cool guy who has been willing to spend some time with me.

David, I was referring to Jason, sorry for the mixup. I was actually supposed to order a demo Dive Rite bp/w from Xtreme to try out this weekend but didn't have the time. Any shop or manufacturer that would go out of their way to demo gear is A-OK in my book.

mart1:
In my experience there are always two sides to a story. And from this one-sided story I get the feeling the other side might be a totally different one. The signature this guy uses tells a whole different story in itself.

Please elaborate how my signature could possibly cast doubt on my experiences?

Billy

I would definitely second Xtreme Scuba! It is Richard, his store's selection is hard to beat, he has at least one of everything his vendor’s carry. Makes it very easy to compare quality. Eric, Peace Dive Shop, has a great operation as well up there, if he has what you're looking for. And I will easily make the drive to Hollywoodivers, even if I have to break speed limits on my lunch hour from Glendale. Hard to be monogamous when there are so many great shops

Hi Billy,
Talk about good dive shops after the 2nd dive Robert & I went to Hollywood Divers to pickup my new computer & seen Jim there picking up a steel tank after he heard about the good price.

Happy Diving
John

Thanks for giving us your business and your favorable reviews! We look forward to seeing you all again, and come check out our new Woodland Hills location!

22725 Ventura Blvd, Woodland Hills, CA 91364
818-225-1616

Back
Top Bottom