My LDS an authorized aqualung dealer has said things about the legend series that kind of breaks my trust with them. Is this information accurate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All good suggestions, I am just suggesting that the OP should have a well-defined plan. If Scuba.com can do service, that's not too far from Long Island where the OP seems to be.
I’ll just go with scuba.com. Their store is a couple blocks from where I live. I didn’t know about them until recently. On my google maps it said permanently closed but this was an error the shop fixed a couple days after I enrolled in an LDS near the long island sound.

I agree with the other commenters: if you are being 100% accurate in your statements, you should out this piece of anti-Semitic trash publicly. There are just so many options when it comes to service/support of equipment. If this person cannot separate their personal convictions from their profession, they have no business being in business.
Soon

I’ll just go with scuba.com. Their store is a couple blocks from where I live. I didn’t know about them until recently. On my google maps it said permanently closed but this was an error the shop fixed a couple days after I enrolled in an LDS near the long island sound.

Lucky you to have them so close. You should be in good shape.

He also advised to stay away from scuba.com saying the shops are owned by hisedic Jews that buy grey market boxes from Europe and distribute to America for cheaper prices. Says if I go for anything warranty related I won’t be assisted with if bought from scuba.com.

I had a warranty issue with a Bare wetsuit I bought last year from Scuba.com. They handled everything great. Despite being told it might take 4-6 weeks for the warranty claim to be processed, I received a full refund for purchase price in about a week. Would have no hesitation about buying anything from them again.

I’ve been shopping at B&H and Adorama for photo equipment for 20+ years. Both have been great - real products shipped right away at a great price.

My wife loves B&H because she can call them and ask for advice on what to buy me as a gift and they always steer her right - they never try to sell her to something too expensive or too cheap. Their NYC store is a marvel to experience.

There are plenty of shady electronics and sports gear shops out there, but both B&H and Adorama are legitimate, honest businesses.

Reactions: OTF
Hi everyone! Update. Ever since that class I wasn’t able to go to the second pool session to complete my pool. I keep getting a call from the shop that the instructor has an ear infection and has to cancel, and the substitute intrsuctor who was suppose to take over my rescheduled pool class has COVID. It has been rescheduled 3 times now with the same excuse. Tommorow I have the class and now getting told back to the first excuse that the instructor has an ear infection. But they led a class 2 weeks ago and didn’t include me because they stated that I can only do pool session 2 not session 1 and that session 1 was led by the person with the infection. I’m starting to worry now that I forked over almost a grand to not be dismissed based off this post. And todays the last day I can charge my credit card a dispute for the 60 day limit. Am I being paranoid that they could have potentially read this original post and are now doing this to me for vendiction? Or could this actually be happening. The shop owners are old and have old tech I doubt they will be on forumns like this and so quick to take action but everything is happeneing after my post on the 10th. Now the next potential chance I get to finish the class may be mid September. I just sacrificed my entire summer and nyc will now be dry suit season soon. Do I just file a dispute today? Or should I wait to see what happens. I never got a receipt for when I signed up for the clas. They made me sign several papers but I never received a copy of anything. Just trying to see if I should be patient and let the class unfold if it ever happens. Or how I can protect my money lost while receiving almost no services. Just a pool session. What do I do?

I would block the payment on the credit card and immediately contact them making them known that you have been forced doing this as it was the last day.
Propose them to pay for the 1st pool session, and get a traceable electronic receipt for it.
Then move to another course. I never understood why people think that scuba teaching should be purchased in shops, indeed.
I was trained in a club environment with unpaid instructors, and it was just fine.
I also know a number of good PADI diving instructors (some were my former students).
So, if there is no Bsac or Cmas club there, just hire a good instructor, Padi or other agency.

I don't know if it's retribution or they are just incompetent, but get your money back and go somewhere else.

The shop owners are old and have old tech I doubt they will be on forums like this

These forums are a (the?) primary place to discuss scuba (and reddit to a smaller degree). That being said, it's unlikely. Most businesses are more concerned about reviews on regular social media than scubaboard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom