My LDS an authorized aqualung dealer has said things about the legend series that kind of breaks my trust with them. Is this information accurate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You mean Scuba.com is awesome now that LeisurePro acquired the name. Search threads from before LeisurePro acquired Scuba.com and you’ll find loads of complaints. I need a few years before I can associate the new name with them in my mind.
Yes, good point.

I never used scuba.com before LP bought the domain.

You mean Scuba.com is awesome now that LeisurePro acquired the name. Search threads from before LeisurePro acquired Scuba.com and you’ll find loads of complaints. I need a few years before I can associate the new name with them in my mind.
I’ve bought a few items from LP, and they’ve been great all along. Never bought from Scuba.com in the past, so the name isn‘t tainted for me.

If it helps, type in leisurepro.com as the url. It still works. Just redirects.

How old is she? My 9-year-old loves her National Geographic Kids subscription.
Almost 4

Shallow knowledge by a store clerk is pretty common, especially now that you can do a lot of research online you may find that you often know more than the part-time guy tending the counter. I've heard plenty of blatantly wrong "advice" from very experienced (much much more than me) DMs regarding equipment or theory. Wouldn't hold it too hard against them.

The hate speech bull****, though? F**** them. Take your money elsewhere, and let them know why.

Reactions: L13
Have no idea what an LPS or a MBS are.
I am not sure what LPS stands for...perhaps it is Local Parts Store/Shop

LDS = Local Dive Shop

MBS = Master Breathing System....this is Aqualung's description of their top tier Leg3nd balanced adjustable 2nd stage:

"Pneumatically balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing. Master Breathing System (MBS) - The MBS is a new, simple and effective way to adjust the breathing performance of your Legend MBS. The MBS controls two functions at one time. It controls the direction of air, which alters the venturi effect, as well as changes the opening effort. One control two functions, it doesn't get easier."

-Z

I am not sure what LPS stands for...perhaps it is Local Parts Store/Shop

LDS = Local Dive Shop

MBS = Master Breathing System....this is Aqualung's description of their top tier Leg3nd balanced adjustable 2nd stage:

"Pneumatically balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing. Master Breathing System (MBS) - The MBS is a new, simple and effective way to adjust the breathing performance of your Legend MBS. The MBS controls two functions at one time. It controls the direction of air, which alters the venturi effect, as well as changes the opening effort. One control two functions, it doesn't get easier."

-Z
I thought MBS meant mounds of bull stuff

A newbie! I made my first purchase from them and B&H in 1979-80 or thereabouts!
I don't go back that far, although I did order by phone from them prior to the Internet. When I was working in the city with our USAR team after 9/11 I got up the morning after I got there and took my first NYC taxi ride for a trip over to B&H to check it out. Amazing place to wander around in! I think they've changed locations since then. Just to stay relevant, I've had nothing but good luck with LeisurePro/Adorama too. The dive shop owner quoted above sounds like an idiot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom