My Jets are too big . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
. . . to use with my wetsuit booties. Anybody come up with a solution for this? Tried those mesh tennies shoes over socks or something? DUI rock boots over the neoprene booties?

This is going to become a family wrangle, because my husband has the same problem with his Twin Jets and wants to use MY Twin Jets which are what I'll be forced to use if I can't figure out how to use the Jets . . . so prevent marital discord and feed me a solution :)

Duct tape!

or... buy a size smaller? I have medium jets and work well for me.

What size jets are you using now? I'm in a XL and they are barely big enough for my mens size 10 feet and hard soled wet suit booty. M/7-8, L/9-10, XL/11-12, XXL/13-14 are available sizes.

Mine ARE mediums. There's nothing smaller than that . . . sigh.

TSandM:

What is your casual shoe's size? I have one fin like a Jet fin.
It is Aqualung Capri Fin from Japan. My sister bought this fin in Japan and quit the divng because of new baby. I gave it to my GF, but she doesn't like a jet fin style, so I bought a twin jet fin for her... The size fits to lady's 6 and 6 1/2.

It is on sale in my "Closet clearance" thread......:wink: On~~ it is black, not pink and no spring strap yet....:D

TSandM:

Kinda figured, but had to ask...... Hmmmm...... I wonder if there might be some sort of insert.
Here's an off the wall idea:

There is an expanding foam used for insulating cracks and such. Placing your booty inside of a plastic bag and into the fin and then filling the voids with this foam would allow for a custom foot well. That might solve your problem, but might also create several more. Still, it might work.

The foam might very well solve the problem, but I'd have to get it back out to use the fins with my dry suit when I came home. They fit the dry suit boots perfectly.

Hoosier, I'm a ladies 7, but worse than that, I'm on restriction from buying any more dive gear at present. I don't even want to contemplate explaining to my husband why I would want to buy a THIRD set of fins in six months.

TSandM:
Hoosier, I'm a ladies 7, but worse than that, I'm on restriction from buying any more dive gear at present. I don't even want to contemplate explaining to my husband why I would want to buy a THIRD set of fins in six months.

Hahaha.... I understand your situation.....My GF is the same as your husband....:wink:

TSandM:
I don't even want to contemplate explaining to my husband why I would want to buy a THIRD set of fins in six months.

Well, to accomodate HIM, of course! I'm sure you realize the need HE has for proper fitting fins, so it's really quite good of you to offer up your splits for his diving pleasure. Of course, you need to replace those fins..... In the end, you will still have 3 pairs of fins.:D

Back
Top Bottom