My Jets are too big . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I actually have 2 pr. One is rocket fins XL for diving wetsuit bootie and jets XXL for drysuit. I have not found a solution that allowed me to use on fin for both. Sorry I can't be more help

wedivebc:
I actually have 2 pr. One is rocket fins XL for diving wetsuit bootie and jets XXL for drysuit. I have not found a solution that allowed me to use on fin for both. Sorry I can't be more help

Actually, that is true. Unless you are using almost the same sole thickness on the wet and dry suit, eventually, it ends up with two fins. To add up the tropical or warm water diving, it will be three fin sets... Recently, I sold Jet Fin Large size with a fresh "H" spring strap... I am a little bit regretting.....

If you don't like the twins, than you will have to find something that fits that is similar to the Jets. You may like the Mares Quattros..They are a paddle fin, rather stiff, but not jets. I have a similar issue diving dry vs. wet. My dry fins were too big for diving wet, and when I tried to use them I was COMPLETELY uncomfortable in oversized fins.. it in a word it SUXS.

I purchased another set of fins so now I have two sizes one for wet, and one for dry.

Your foot nees to fit snugly inside the fins, or they just feel wrong. You may like your Jets, but I'm guessing that foam, or some other such band-aide to attempt to make a too large fin work with a smaller boot is just going to lead to discomfort.

I would also suggest NOT diving Rockboots wet unless you just love the feel of rockboots for whatever odd reason. I think you will find that they are cumbersome and unnecessary in most warm water diving.

Good Luck,

Well, when I was a kid I used to just wear cheap sneakers in my Rocket fins. Couldn't afford wet suits & boots, I was growing too fast. Prolly outgrow it before it could come in, we had a 6 week shipping time to get gear from the states.

If water temps permit, that could be a fix. Just get some neoprene socks like long blade users wear & then get cheap sneakers that fit while wearing those.

Well, I have a pool session for Rescue next Monday, and I think I'll try the cheap sneakers idea. Just living with the Jets being loose is not an option, because I think I could kick them completely off. It will probably eventually come down to a third set of fins, but not before this trip next Wednesday.

I assume you are going on a warm water dive trip? Just for the record it is possible to dive dry in warm water. :) Just use very little undergarments.

I'll give you a tip on something NOT to use--the beach shoes that have mesh on the top and a solid part with seam across the toe. This particular arrangement will remove the skin from your toes and that's no fun in salt water (been there/done that). I wear a 7 also and my medium jets fit my wetsuit booties but not my drysuit, odd.
Ber :lilbunny:

Hmmm . . . weighing the prospect of hauling my dry suit to Hawaii (husband: You're taking WHAT??? The can light is bad enough) versus using fins I don't like . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom